Kid reviews for Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington Poster Image

Very good movie!

This movie was very good but also had some smoking and drinking. The on,y drinking part is when a bunch of senators are in a restraint type place and the smoking is one guy who smokes in most scenes that he is in. I would recommend this movie lout it may be hard for some. Kids who are younger to understand. Mr. Smith was also a very good role model when going against the corrupt members of the senate. I would rate this 4/5 stars.

Black and white

This was a great movie. It shows how media controls political people and has a lot of power. Mr. Smith is elected into government because he was thought to be stupid and do whatever they say. He doesn't ever give up and fights for what he wants and what is right. He ends up inspiring people to go after what is right and revealing the corrupt media.

Mr. Smith goes to Washington

This movie is very good. It has a very positive message and shows that we should stand up for what we believe in. It shows a lot of educational value. It tells a lot about government education. I would only recommend this movie to ages that would understand that government education.

If you love old movies don't miss this one!

I just finished this movie 10 minutes ago and had to write a review! I think this movie is absolutely phenomenal. It has very powerful messages and the script was just so well written and interesting. It may be boring for younger children but if they can understand what is going on it is fantastic! I normally don't really enjoy the old "political" movies but this is definitely an exception. Language, violence, and sexual content is not an issue at all. I highly recommend it!

Educational

This was a good movie with a positive message about America. It might be hard for littler kids to understand what's going on. Good movie!

Mr. Smith goes to Washington

In this movie there is a man named Jefferson Smith he has a boys camp and the congressmen of washington want him to senate their state. They want him so badly ecause he is a big airhead and they are doing something very secret that is not good, they think he won't notice. Mr. Smith is a big patriot and loves Abraham Lincoln the secretary is in on the big secret and makes Mr. Smith look bad. When the repoters rot him out he is about to run away but Sanders the secretary feels bad and helps him get back up on his feet again. At the big meeting he finally proves himself, right and has a boys camp for boys all over the country.

A good movie

I had to watch this movie for a media class. At first I thought it was going to kinda suck because its in black and white. But then I got really in to it. I really think that this film is one that everybody should watch for its idles.

4 stars :)

THere are a few violent scenes in this movies but they are not very severe. This movie has a few good role models and gives a positive message in some of the scenes. There is a few smoking and drinking scenes in this movie also,but that is not the message the director is trying to give out. This movie is somewhat educational and inspirational. :) :) :)

A great Frank Capra film

Mr. Smith Goes To Washington is about a senator, Mr. Smith, who is tormented by a newspaper tycoon. He fights for what is right and ends up winning. This movie was all about America, freedom, and liberty. At first it was kind of confusing, but it all came together in the end. I thought the cinematography was awesome and it was really well made.

Pretty good movie

It was an ok movie, but it is more for older kids because it is about politics and such. Kids may get bored but it is a pretty good movie over all. Sometimes it slows down, but it is better in the end. The movie is not a "must see" but it is worth seeing.