Parent reviews for Muppet Treasure Island

Muppet Treasure Island Poster Image

We watched this with my almost 6yr old based on the ratings here. Whilst this says there is no language there were numerous insults and uses of “bloody”. The level of violence and scariness was higher than expected. Overall I was disappointed in the movie and the rating

Love this movie, but...

Started watching with my 5 and 7 year old, and both were scared in the first 15 minutes and decided not to watch anymore. While done with some comic relief, it still witnessed the death of a character, (though appears to be from heart attack, and is not a violent death), and Muppet pirates throwing Mal tov cocktails through the windows of the building. Then Gonzo and Rizzo accidently set the building on fire, while the pirates fight the landlady. It was too much for my kids at that point. I myself like the movie, but maybe wait until they're bigger and can handle the scariness.

Most disappointing of the muppets

SO...I’m a HUGE fan of the muppets, but this movie was not worth it. Alcohol is mentioned, drank, and described on numerous occasions. Something I wasn’t really expecting while watching with my 4 and 8 year old. There’s plenty of guns etc which I expected for a pirate movies in the muppets. It definitely had some crude moments as well, which was a bit over the top. Really, most of the acting was over the top and not it’s finest for a muppets movie. I think this is for older kids, however, they might be a bit too old for the muppets once they can handle the topics.

too many innuendos

innuendos- so many inappropriate comments and suggestions to violent and sexual things.

Not exactly kid friendly

There are more than a few scenes full of sexual innuendos, such as Miss Piggy greeting Tim Curry's character with a drawn out "Well hello, Looooong John." and Kermit's shocked reaction "Oh no, not him too!" (previous, he and Piggy had been discussing ex boyfriends).

Compared to other muppets stuff...

This one's a little intense for the children, and that's why this remains my favorite to this day. Again, it seems people only review this film based not off of what THEY thought of it but rather what they think all kids will think of it. This, imo, was the most well-written of all the muppets films and remains my personal favorite to this day.

not rated for age

Ok - not great - for the older end of the age range

There's more violence and peril in this movie than I'm comfortable with for my 5 yo son. Tons of guns too - couldn't be a pirate without them I guess. We watched it once and will stick to the other Muppet movies.
not rated for age