Kid reviews for Nebraska

Nebraska Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Excellent comedy-drama best for mature teens

OK, while I think CSM might be overreacting a bit by giving this film a 16+ rating, I definitely agree with them that it's best for more mature teens. Granted, there's not anything TOO inappropriate for the average 13 year-old to see, but a slightly older teen is more likely to get the most out of this slow, talky movie. There is a lot of profanity scattered throughout the film, but it's mainly "s--t" and "godd--n", with the biggest offenders are two non-sexual uses of "f--k" and one "c--ksucker". As raunchy as all of that may be, I'm really surprised that it got the film an R rating, especially since lots of other PG-13 movies have gotten away with dropping the f-bomb two or even three times. The sex (mostly references) isn't really a problem, though it should be noted that there is a scene where an old lady drops her pants and lifts up her skirt in front of a gravestone (seen from the back, no nudity). Also, a main character gets a bloody head wound, has it gruesomely stitched up onscreen (this is pretty brief, but still), and is shown wearing a bandage for the rest of the movie. Additionally, the whole theme of an old man formerly having an alcohol addiction and growing increasingly senile could be too tough for some viewers to handle, especially if they're like that themselves or know those kinds of people. Despite all this, though, "Nebraska" is still a really great movie that's wonderful for teens to watch with their parents- if they're even interested, that is. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for mature thematic material including a disturbing violent image, and for language throughout and some sexual references.

Brilliant!

This movie is a piece of art. It is a very moving tale of a father and son who embark on a journey to Nebraska to get the fathers prize which he thought he had won. It's beautiful and sad a masterpiece in film. The only thing wrong is there's some bad language.

Good film but may bore young kids 7.4/10

Nebraska is a black and white film. It features an old man who thinks he won $1,000,000. He keeps trying to walk out of the house to go to Nebraska. His son decides to drive him there and on the way he meets his family. Nebraska had some funny moments but some strong language. The reason it was rated r was for the use of the word c--ksucker. It is heard that the father is an alcoholic. This mature film is iffy for ages 13.

Great Film With Six Oscar Nominations

I just saw Nebraska yesterday and it was amazing. There was a good share of funny parts and sad parts. This year it has Six Oscar Nominations including Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actress. The only reason the film received and R Rating is because of two uses of the f-word. There's also some more mild language but not too much to worry about. If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend that you do.

Hilarious and very authentic feeling!

Growing up in a small-ish town like the one Woody and David did, I can tell you that the scenes involving the local yokels, especially June Squibb's cemetery scene, were hilarious and spot-on. People really do just sit around, talking about nothing. This movie really, really grew on me, Dern was great as a man whose been kind all his life and doesn't say much, Forte is solid as son, the real compassionate character of the film, and Squibb is hysterical as Kate, she has the film's best lines. Not that much language really, this could have easily been a PG-13. I'm glad to say Alexander Payne's hit it out of the park once again!

SECOND BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Absolutely brilliant. Bruce Dern is incredible as the lead role. Funny, moving and brilliant. Second best movie of the year after The Conjuring

Why, oh why, did it try to be funny? It ruined it.

This movie is jarringly at odds with itself, almost shockingly so. The concept, beginning, and end work very very well, but the rest thoroughly tries to be funny, but it just never is. It's like the whole second act is relentlessly going against its own plot and filmmaking. The stereotypes aren't funny; actually, they're surprisingly uncomfortable, and I didn't like anyone other than Bruce Dern and Will Forte because they were annoying and mined for cheap giggles. Its pleasant to look at with its nice black and white cinematography and the acting is good, but the casting is a bit odd. (Bruce Dern should be Will Forte's grandfather, not father.) If only it was a drama, it would feel far more cohesive and far less self-polarizing. From a technical aspect, it's very good, but that aspect is casting a downcast tone, not a funny "look at my silly stereotyped family's shenanigans that are milked and mined for laughs." 6.6/10, okay, one thumb in the middle, average, etc.

Really Good Mature Movie

The movie it's a great piece of art. An awesome story in a incredible perspective of one specific part of society. It's great how you get deep into the situation. The acting was pretty good, the script was awesome, and this a movie that doesnt need lots of bottles of tomatoe juice and meat or other things for being just for mature audience, such an awesome artistic experiencie!.