Kid reviews for No Country for Old Men

No Country for Old Men Poster Image

Coen Brothers Western Masterpiece is Brilliant and Entertaining, but Violent

Quite possibly the greatest western ever made. Right up there with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

One of the best Coen brothers films

Really enjoyable film with interesting characters. Not as violent as Fargo, but some realistic gore.

A Masterwork

I watched this film expecting it to be amazing. I had heard reviews of it calling it one of the best films ever made. I wasn't prepared. This movie is incredible. It has some of the best writing and acting in film history. As for violence it has some gross scenes involving stitching a wound closed which can make some people unconformable.

Hard R

This is a amazing movie it has a amazing story with a good amount of violence. but it is done so well that you are more focus on the amazing story. If you want to watch a movie were it will still be asking you questions a week later then WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Violent, intense, bloody, not for squeamish people

Super good movie def not for squeamish people. Very bloody but very good. There is some language but if that doesn’t bother you it’s very good. Spoiler alert: very bloody there is one scene where a man chokes to death another boy and it get very bloody. Overall super good film with lots of surprises. I would say if they are 11 or older and mature it’s a fine movie for them to watch.

The Coen Brothers brutal thriller is a masterpiece

An terrifying western that will stay in your head for years to come

No Country For Old Men is not a western in any typical sense, it is an unsettling tale about the deafening silence of god in a world that needs him most and about how change can leave us behind. We experience the world through the eyes of a man who stumbles upon the aftermath of a drug deal and so begins a tragically pointless chase as our "hero" runs from the inevitable ending chasing him, until we finally get to hobble away and lean back in our rocking chairs to try and make sense of the chaos that just unfolded. Every scene in this movie is dripping with tension, the action is smart, beautifully directed, and the cinematography is immaculate. Antoin Chigur is one of the most horrifying villains in how conflicted you will feel about him when the dust settles, a must watch for anyone who can handle it.

brutal, brutal, brutal, & silence

a 15 yr olds opinion: an amazingg film by the coens, very, VERYY brutal film to say the least. A film that speaks about the persistent violence that transpire across the world. long story short: remorseless assassain hunts down a cowboah who happened to find 2 million in a case. violence: lots of blood an gore, all i gots t'say. language: if youre gonna watch a movie thats rated R for intense violence and blood & gore, why does that matter. anyhow, there is 1 f bomb (if i remember correctly, cant bother to look it up.) and some mild insults here and there. verdict: one of the most violent and realistic films of all time. the ending might be a little underwhelming but what goes around doesnt come around i guess. and yes, its a masterpiece, ohh yes it is.