All parent member reviews for Now You See Me

Adult Written bygggo June 9, 2013

Fun movie

Great for teens. Even pre-teens would be ok--except there is some bad language. A movie where you actually have to think a little and pay attention to clues in the movie. Lots of fun.

Parent Written byAnn in Jax June 14, 2013

Great story, fun for the whole family

Our family saw this movie together (kids aged 13, 11 and 8). I remember the "scantily clad woman" - but don't remember that she was "astride" anyone (it went by very fast); We all LOVED it - especially the special effects on the buildings in NYC; Great story - was wrapped up rather tidily at the end, the car chase was exciting and I didn't think it was too violent or scary for my 8 year old. Our 13 year old LOVED it! Worth seeing again on DVD.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bykaren hays July 8, 2013

best movie ever

this movie was amazing! I would let my little son watch it I believe it Is very ego boosting and wonderful.

Educator and Parent Written byLifes2short4badmovie August 19, 2013

Magic Fun!

Clever, especially how some scenes were constructed. My teen doesn't watch violent movies in general, so some of this was intense for them. Also, sex scenes were somewhat gratuitous. Ending predictable to watchers of suspense movies, but fun for unsuspecting teens.

Parent Written byShivom Oza July 14, 2013

Now You See Me (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – Just Not ‘Magical’ Enough

Director Louis Leterrier (of ‘Transporter’, ‘Transporter 2’, ‘Clash Of The Titans’ and ‘The Incredible Hulk’ fame) brings together distinguished actors (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Jesse Eisenberg) for this film, which revolves around the world of magic.

The screenplay is crisp and fast-paced, and the performances are brilliant. However, the climax (with the supposedly unfathomable twist in the end) leaves a lot to be desired. However, ‘Now You See Me’ is very much watchable. It will keep you engaged through its duration of two hours, and the premise is quite interesting. Clichéd, but interesting enough!

Four street-magicians, J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Merritt McKinney (Woody Harrelson), Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher) and Jack Wilder (Dave Franco), receive mysterious invitations from an entity named 'The Eye'. Four of them, who happen to vaguely know about each other, land up at the given address only to be greeted with an empty house laden with a few surreal objects.

A year later, these four street-magicians turn into big-time stage illusionists in Las Vegas. Referred to as 'The Four Horsemen', the team is sponsored by Arthus Tressler (Michael Caine), who is an insurance magnate.
The magicians decide to end this show by pulling off their biggest trick – a bank robbery.

So, their volunteer is apparently tele-ported to a bank in Paris, where he activates an air-duct, which sucks up the money and transports it to the show in Las Vegas.

FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) and Interpol Agent Alma Vargas (Melanie Laurent) are called upon to investigate into the theft. We are also introduced to Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), an ex-magician who makes money by revealing the secrets behind other magicians' tricks. Thaddeus goes on to play an important part in the film's story.

What follows is a cat-and-mouse game between the law enforcement and 'The Four Horsemen'!

The element of suspense is inherent through the film, as you can never figure out who the 'bad guys' are till the climactic moments. The magic tricks, pulled off in this film, are clichéd but presented in a lavish manner. Visually, the film is brilliant and credit for that should go to the people behind the production design, and the director. The dialogues, especially, deserve special mention.

Concept-wise, the film had the potential to be way better than what it was. It falters at the moments where it matters the most. In films of other genres, if the climax of a brilliant film is a bit underwhelming, it is still forgivable. However, in a film like this, where a viewer's perspective can be overturned just by the ending, ‘Now You See Me’ leaves a lot to be desired.

‘Now You See Me’ is fairly entertaining. However, with a better-written climax, it could have been way superior. It's quite watchable though.

Shivom Oza

Parent of a 7, 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bymartha williams July 8, 2013

lovely movie

my kids and I enjoyed this lovely movie it was filled with wonder and magic it helped my kids to rely think. we all have agreed this is by far the best movie we have seen

Parent Written byboneless711 September 21, 2013

Watch out for boobs

There is a scene that takes place during Mardi Gras where a woman lifts her shirt to show her breasts. It's very brief, but noticeable.

Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg August 19, 2013

best movie of the year

favorite movie of the year. a combination of action, suspense and magic tricks with surprises at every turn. this movie will not cease to amaze you.