All member reviews for Olympus Has Fallen

Patriotism and extreme violence in tense action flick.

Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Good but violent

Really want to see this
But think it is not apprpoeate for kids under 13 because of the violence

Parent Written byDan G. March 28, 2013

Violent and Gory, People are Hurt and Killed and the Blood Flows Freely.

Assasinations, murder, torture, blood, gore, constant vulgar language. The only redeeming thing for teens in this movie is that there is no sex.

Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2013

mot for kids

NOT FOR KIDS NOT FOR KIDS so what im saying is my mom said its not for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byEvbro19 April 1, 2013

Olympus has Fallen

This movie is one of the best action movies i have seen in a while... While there is many violent scenes with language throughout, it is just a movie. It shows hom much one person would do for there country. I give this movie a rating of 5 stars because of the quality of the film. This movie is on pause for 13 year olds and younger because of the violence and language in the film.

Teen, 16 years old Written byangelorios March 31, 2013

Great Movie!

One of the best action movies I've seen in a while! I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who loves suspense. The plot was somewhat predictable but still kept me on the edge of my seat. A little inappropriate for kids under 14 only due to the violence.

Parent Written bynimswa April 8, 2013

Really Not Worth the $9.25

Be ready to hear the F word many times. Very violent. A few corny lines.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymaria1236 April 7, 2013

pretty darn good, just dont watch if you cant handle violence

this movies is really, really, really, can i say more, good. its about this man who has to save the white house, and really all of u.s from north korea, who is trying to turn it into an atomic wasteland. the only problem is really violence, and death. in the begining someone dies, and through the movie a lot of people die. its a very good movie, but just has violence, because the main character has to find other ways to kill people without a gun, so if you can imagine, pretty gross, but really most kids have seen worse in movies, i would say a mature 15, mabye even 14 year old could handle it. if you know that your kids cant handle violence, then just dont let them watch it, but it is a really good movie though, so give it a chance.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez April 29, 2013

16 and up.

Olympus Has Fallen is one of the best action/adventure movies i ever seen stars with Gerard Butler, Morgan freeman and Angela bassett but this movie is filled with lots of violence and with that being said this movie is for your older teens and parents you need to know that Olympus Has Fallen has a lot of intense violence and the body count is extremely high filled with tortured, blown up, shot, and people killed in hand-to-hand combat also you'll see severed limbs, cracked bones, televised assassinations, and blood splattering everywhere the language is strong but not constant.

Kid, 12 years old Written byone_directioner May 13, 2013

Justice Has Failed

In my view the main characters would be Gerald Butler, as the secret agent, Aaron Eckhart, the performing president, and final but not least Finley Jacobsen, as the president’s son. They are the major characters in this movie shown the most in the premiere. Also to survive and keep America in saving terms.
Directed by Antoine Fuqua, choosing these actors, I would think was a good choice. Produced by one of the characters, Gerald Butler, and Mark Hill. I have never seen other movies by this director but I am guessing they are as excellent by the one I have seen before.
The main plot in observation would be, a North Korea terriost group attacks the White House (Olympus). Keeping the President prisoner, a secret agent is undercover, saving America and the president. Murdering people after people to get federal secrets. The secret agent is awarded for helping the additional agent save America. Taking the, the president and the safety of America, out of the white house.
The main theme I would smack on this motion picture would be a suspenseful story and warfare packed- adventure. There is a rate of 5 in language. 1 being very good and 5 being very poor. A lot of shooting without doubt and a presentation of blood!!
The viewer’s level I would prefer for this movie is Mature. Generally the most appropriate age for this movie would be 10 & older. Any age younger than 10 would possibly want parental supervision.
I think movie selection was interesting to me. I really like the action and I think it was outstanding in that my looking is for action-themed movies. I would award “Olympus Has Fallen” two thumbs up for the cause that it left on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. If you love skepticism and mystery I suggest this movie to you!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 May 2, 2013

Predictable

This movie had no surprises. There was nothing original. Hero comes, kills all the bad guys, and saves the good ones. Teens should be fine depending on their capacity for violence.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjournalistguy May 24, 2013

A Black Comedy For Adults

This movie is so bad, it's actually quite good. If your idea of a good time is to laugh at Patrick Swayze shouting "Wolverines!", and you think "Mars Attacks" is amusing, then Tivo this movie once it's out on cable, crack open an ironic beer and settle in for an overproduced jingoistic gore fest. Take care to put all of the forks under lock and key for you will certainly want one to jab yourself repeatedly in the face if one is available.

Under no circumstances should any minor be allowed to watch this movie. Its utter puerility aside, the body count --each and every one in graphic detail-- goes well into triple digits.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjdawg55 July 14, 2013

Great action flick that is VERY violent

Olympus Has Fallen, or should I say Die Hard: White House Edition. This movie is one of the best action movies I have seen in a good long time. It is about terrorists taking over the White House and cause destruction on a HUGE scale, so obviously this movie is not for children. It has a plane gunning down innocent people in the streets and at one point the Washington Monument gets destroyed with debris killing many people. The initial takeover is EXTREMELY violent and gory with blood spurts/stains and a very, very high body count. When Gerard Butler gets into the white house, there is still action and shooting but it is less frequent, but the intensity never dies down. It has around 2 dozen uses of the "F word" And frequent uses of the "S word." Overall it is a very violent, intense thriller and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time!

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Like die hard but actually better

Olympus has fallen is my favourite action movie with no doubts it is just great, I think Gerard butler plays his role really well. The only thing is that this movie is very violent with extremely bloody and realistic shootings. I love this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 May 21, 2013

Violence OVERLOAD! but great action film!

Olympus Has Fallen. A Film for older kids and a great action film.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 July 24, 2013

Violent but captivating

Olympus Has Fallen is a movie based on terrorists attacking and capturing the White House. Because of this, it is filled with violence, including mass murders, explosions, and killing and torturing prisoners. There are several uses of profane language, but nothing compared to the language in other movies. The acting and plot is excellent, and the cast includes Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Gerard Butler. Butler was very believable in his role of a former Secret Service agent who eventually managed to defeat the terrorist army almost completely by himself. There are many violent and intense scenes, which might frighten younger children, but teens and adults will love it. In the end, good defeats evil, the terrorists are stopped, and the White House is reinhabited by the U.S. Government and F.B.I. I loved this movie and will definitely be watching it again.

Parent Written byElvis667 August 24, 2013

A great movie!

Now I come from a family who i very lax on what their kids are watching, I watched it and loved. My parents let my 10 year old brother watch it and he liked it. So overall the action was good and Its not that bad in the violence department.

Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2013

EXTREEEEEMLY GRAPHIC

One of the most graphic movies i have ever watched in my life

Teen, 17 years old Written byThe arbiter September 16, 2013

Very good and intelligent film

This is a surprisingly well crafted and fresh feeling movie. It is very violent but never feels too vicious. Even the main character, who is a merciless soldier, has moments that show that killing is not a glorious thing. This is a great film for teenagers.

Parent Written bymhawk271 October 6, 2013

INTENSELY VIOLENT THROUGHOUT ENTIRE MOVIE

I read the review on this site but what I would add as a parent is the intensity of the movie and how it can be overwhelming to a child. The extreme violence was non-stop throughout the movie and disturbing to me, even as an adult.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 24, 2013

AWESOME!!!!! lol

it was really intense, I loved it, there was tons of crazy action and suspense and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, it was that great, this is one of the best action movies out there lol, i'm serious