All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons.

Teen, 13 years old Written byA.M. June 27, 2010

This is the best movie in the trilogy, I think. The graphics are believable and it's just pure entertainment. Johnny Depp is very funny, and Knightly and Bloom play there roles well. Lots of violence, explosions, chases, etc. (Harry Potter sometimes shows bloody cuts on characters' faces and hands, but in this movie, I remember no blood whatsoever.)
The sequel is okay, but save yourself time and don't watch the 3rd.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie September 7, 2010

Amazing and funny!

This is the BEST Disney movie I've ever seen in my life! I didn't have very high expectations for this movie (C'mon, it's an advertisement for an AMUSMENT PARK RIDE, people!) But half an hour into them movie, it became one of my favorite movies of all time! Capt. Jack is hilarious, with his slurring and constantly drunk-like walk (although you never see him drink on-screen) and Will Turner is heroic (albeit a little stupid in some places--like when he dashes off to save Elizabeth without a seconds' thought) and Elizabeth is a strong role model for girls everywhere--she is clever, funny, and keeps her head in a crisis. I highly recommend this movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written bypen7777 May 2, 2011

I love this movie!!!

This movie is awesome!!! It has action and adventure but also has comedy. Most kids wont get scared, it depends on the kid. Really a great family movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

captain jack sparrow is amazing

love the movie! love captain jack sparrow!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old Written bymovie fan141999 June 19, 2010

cool

it is a cool movie but if kids are scard of scelatons and dead people it is a no way

Adult Written byAmandasMOM April 9, 2008

Not for kids... Not for adults with a brain.

The movie seemed a bit scary for smaller kids. What was supposed to be humorous seemed plain stupid. The women might as well be topless, as the costumes leave little to the imagination. Not what you would expect in a family movie. Over all it just seemed to adult for kid's and to low IQ for adults...

Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2010

BEST MOVIE EVER!

I think Jack is really funny.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

One of the best movies out there

I couldn't stop laughing, it was very good, although the violence is too much for me, like when one of the pirates shot the man that openned the door, I felt so bad for him! I hate it when people get tricked! Jack Sparrow is definitly my favorite, he's funny, yet he.. in his own way.. cares about his friends. Although he has made a habit of using them for his own profit, that's what pirates do of course. (Spoilers!) Drugs: Jack and I think Elizabeth (not sure if she was faking or not) got drug off of rum, still pretty funny though. Violence: Tons, Shooting, pushing, punching, hitting in the back of head, eye popping out (I can NOT look at that, can NOT!!) Swords going through people, blowing ups, falling off cliffs, skeletin people, hands fall off, blood (only with a cut of the hand) Sparrows old girlfriends slap him. Sex: Jack enjoys flirting, he made Elizabeth put on his belt for him when he was handcuffed (for his own personal enjoyment, her annoyment) Will and Elizabeth, obviously.
Still, this movie is amazing, funny, and even though Disney didn't like Depp's acting at first, everyone else seems to enjoy it, he's the reason the movies are so loved!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 April 30, 2011

Pirates is amazing!!!!

this is an amazing movie that i watch at least once a month!! all of them are awesome and i can't wait for the next one!!! johnny depp and pirates: AWESOME!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 16, 2010

"Why is the rum gone?"

This film was excellent and very fun to watch. I don't know if it's because of the adventure, but it's just fun. Jack Sparrow is hilarious, Elizabeth was awesome, Will was pretty cool, and I enjoyed Will and Elizabeth's love story. The story could have been written a little clearer, but the film makes up for this with their stellar actors, great characters, and intriguing-enough plot. Violence: There are swordfights, the villians are skeletons, and there's even some blood. Some characters are killed. Sex: There's some kissing, flirting (mainly Jack Sparrow) and some low-cut outfits worn by the woman, especially Elizabeth. Language: Uses of d*mn, h*ll, b*stard, and others. Drinking/Drugs: Jack Sparrow is obsessed with rum. He acts like he's drunk half the time (his speech is slurred and he walks around unsteadily). In one scene, Elizabeth and Jack get drunk.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydude01 January 15, 2011

Don't worry parents, it's good for teens!

I loved this movie, and really I think that as long as kids aren't afraid of walking skeletons, it's great for 12 + kids. It has action, it's also funny, and it's the best pirates movie I have seen. Plus Johnny Depp rocks!

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byCountryMom27 May 11, 2011

Requires some parental supervision but very fun

A few scary scenes, especially with the skeleton pirate fight, but very little gore. Some characters are stabbed but no spurting blood, etc. My 5 & 7 year old sons watched it with me and we really enjoyed it. One of those movies that is not exactly kid-fare but is ok with supervision

Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

Worth Buying...

i absolutly love this movie

Kid, 10 years old Written bylittlemisszozo February 12, 2011

Never get old!

I love this movie. Never gets old!

Teen, 13 years old Written byyay4anime July 15, 2010

A Fun, but Somewhat Violent Movie

I'll always remember this movie very well, because it's the first PG-13 movie I ever saw...when I was in 6.
It was a great movie, and, though I was too young to really understand the plot of it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It's rather violent: one character is stabbed in the chest with a knife, many other people are stabbed with swords, shot with cannons, etc..
It isn't TOO graphic (with the exception of the character being stabbed with a knife), so I think kids 10+ should handle it.

Kid, 12 years old Written bySosie98 November 5, 2010

Perfect for almost Everyone!!!!

I'm telling you, the best of the best. This is the only movie out of this series that isn't too long and not completely too violent. The skeletons are a little bit cheesy but not too overdone. They even add some presumably funny parts. Little kids, however, might not get the humor of the skeletons and be a little bit freaked out, but otherwise they should be able to see it. Captain Jack is played excellently by Johnny Depp who sets off the whole story with his accent and humor. Though Sparrow is self-absorbed and goes by the pirate code which states that if someone falls behind you leave them behind, he normally redeems himself by doing something good that outrides the bad. This movie shows that pirates aren't all bad and that there's a possibility that all the bad they're doing is for a good reason. Though this may not be true it's an amazing work, and I absolutely loved it!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMonarkWing July 1, 2010

Great movie!

I love this movie, It is amazing your kids might love it.
Good Role Models: Elizabeth is not easy to push around, she stands up for what she believes in, and she's caring, Will is deturmened. And Jack is a loyal friend.. dispite everything else.
Violence: Duh. Lots of sword fights, stabbing, shooting, but nothing really gory, a guys eye falls out a few times, but not anything really discusting.
Sex: Not much to worry about, except for a few coments made by pirates ( I'm sure there's some, but I couldn't undersrand them ) Will and Elizabeth will end up together, and when Elizabeth was in the black pearl the dead pirates gave her an option of eating with the captain in a dress, or with the crew naked ( it was funny though )
Words: The only bad words I heard were the D word, bloody, and hell, ( I think the D word was in there - not sure ) and bloody isn't really bad unless you're in another country.
Drinking: Rum is mentioned and Elizabeth and Jack drink a bit too much and act wacky ( I think its funny actually )
Anyway, I love the movie. Plus, I love all of the actors. My favorite actor plays Jack Sparrow.

Kid, 11 years old Written bydancing girl January 29, 2011

Tween/Tweens movie (NO YOUNGER THAN THE AGE OF 10)

I liked the movie. It was really cool and Johnny Depp was pretty funny in the movie. The skeletons weren't scary, really. 1 thing bothered me though and there was a guy who put in his eyeball and rotated it and his eye was red. That creeped me out a little but I got used to it later in the movie.

Kid, 11 years old Written byFezesAreCool May 16, 2011

Not much bad stuff and a brilliant movie, 11+

I love this movie. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow really well. There is some goreless violence with practically no blood. Language includes bl--dy, d-mn, h-ll and one use of b---ard. Some drinking. Good role models and messages (Elizabeth Swann), bad role models and messages (Jack Sparrow). Hilarious and well done with a great cast.