Parent reviews for Pollyanna

Pollyanna Poster Image

Traumatic Ending

Great film overall, but the ending shows a terrible fall from a tree that leaves Polyanna paralyzed. She’s shown lying unconscious on the cement and wakes up to realize she’s lost feeling from the waist down.

1 person found this helpful.

Up to date message

Givea us a message we all need to be reminded about.

Best movie ever!

The best part about Pollyanna was that It was heartfelt because she always had a happy heart and the movie was about having fun in life but also about kindness and being positive.

Surprise Traumatic Ending

I remember loving this movie as a kid. I must've blocked out the ending! Pollyanna falls from a roof and is terribly injured. She is taken away on a train and we don't know if she gets better or not as she waves goodbye to the town. Is she dying? We don't know. There is no need for such a sweet, feel good movie to end with such a traumatic cliff hanger. I am all for balance and learning to cope with unexpected tragedy, but nothing in this movie provides support or resolution for the ending trauma.

Lovelovelove

One of my favorite movies as a kid and I still love it today! The supporting cast is incredible (Jane Wyman among them!) and Hayley Mills shines in the title role. Great messages within a fun, well done film.

An Excellent Movie for All Family Members ! Attt

Pollyanna is a Wonderful Movie for All Children and Familisa to see !!! I Love the Movie !!!

not rated for age

excellent movie!!

in the beginning of the movie, there is a scene with a boy's naked bottom as he jumps into a lake. there are some love interests, some kissing, and a few uses of bad words such as stup--, but overall a great movie worth watching.