Kid reviews for Pollyanna

Pollyanna Poster Image

Worst movie I ever saw.

I dont even know why i am commenting this stupid movie. It is boring,and stupid. The girl (i think is Pollyanna)is so annoying. For all kids who want 2 hours of boringness. I dont know how many times i can say this movie is terrible.
1 person found this helpful.

Pollyanna is just one of the best movies I have ever seen! Go Hayley Mills aka (Pollyanna)

Hayley Mills definitely had her best role ever on screen as Pollyanna. This whole movie is very joyful, inspiring, and has plenty of topics of referencing God. This movie definitly has some humor in it especially when Ben Tarbell can't give an opinion because his mean wife is right next to him. Polyanna, Reverend Ford, and Carl are my favorite role models in this movie. I'd recommend this movie to everyone who wants to have a feeling of joy.

Wait...that was supposed to be a movie?

This film was so boring. The plot idea is ok, but the actual movie is so bland. It somehow seems like nothing is happening. There's literally no reason for this movie to exist. "Pollyanna is cheerful" is basically the entire message of this movie. She goes into joyless places, her aunt's house, grumpy old man's house old lady's bedroom, church etc., and using one of her father's quotes, magically brightens the place up. The only action is when Pollyanna falls out of a tree and paralyzes her legs. It comes out of nowhere, and goes into nowhere. Not only is it scary for kids, but the movie doesn't even show her getting better. She just cries, the neighbors say they're sorry for her and the movie ends. It's sad, yet boring. Meaningful, yet meaningless. Pollyanna said that years before, she had asked for a doll and was sent crutches. And then, she is paralyzed when she gets a doll, so now she needs crutches. She got crutches when she needed a doll, and a doll when she needed crutches. I wonder if that was intentional. All in all, I don't recommend this. It's sad and boring.

sweet heartfelt movie

really sweet movie! I prefer the book because it's obviously more discriptive and you can understand her character more. I'm not sure it says no sexy stuff, there is passionate (but not innapropiate) kissing. One scene where the man is somewhat forceful with his kisses made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but it would most likely fly over kids head.

5 stars best movie ever, Disney's best movie!

I love this movie it's in my top 3 favorites! They say Jehovah. I would of picked new born but i couldn't

An excellent family movie

The movie has great appeal to nearly anybody, and it teaches children the benefits of staying positive through the worst. The opening scene of the movie features a young boy skinny dipping, and his back side is the first thing you see of the movie. Other than that, it's very safe and family-friendly.