Kid reviews for RBG

RBG Poster Image

Great documentary

This is great for any families who want a documentary about amazing females and R.B.G is definitely one of them

Overhyped documentary will bore those who aren't well aquainted with the judge. Fine for children.

Directed by 2 directors, Betsy West and Julie Cohen, RBG is a pretty standard documentary. It covers the life of the great Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a woman of Jewish descent who struggled to become the first female judge despite tragedies such as the death of her older sister when she was very young. The film also comments on her decisions early in her career and the struggle for equality in the 60s. I'm aware that this all seems like the content of a good documentary, and to be honest you probably will like it. Unfortunately, I didn't. Despite me admiring RBG, it seems like the more important to people the subject of a documentary, the more the makers of the documentary feel as if they are allowed to make the documentary generic, and simply praise their subject while only intermittently dealing with the struggles of her life. It's a shame too because RBG is such a great character and basically carries the film. It's fine for young kids and has positive messages which may or may not fly over their heads, though I have seen kids fall asleep during the movie. I would see it if you are a "big fan" of RBG (if you can be a fan of a Supreme Court judge) but if not, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

RBG

This movie was amazing! It was mainly directed by women and it shows many themes of representation and not giving up on what you believe in. This movie used complex vocabulary that small children might not understand, but was appropriate for young children. I loved it and hope to see it again.