Kid reviews for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Poster Image

One of the best

One of the best movies out there. I watched a long time ago and thought this is really good. I like many movies, but this one stands out. It is a really well put together prequel and standalone Star Wars film. There is no swearing and the violence is lasers, so not that bad. This movie is really good. It is a must watch for Star Wars fans. It is an easy 9 plus just for the mild violence. Great for families. Overall 10/10.

1 person found this helpful.
Epic but violent adventure offers diversity and role models.

1 person found this helpful.

Amazing off main story movie

I’m a hardcore Star Wars fan and uhh well I loved this movie. It has great action and everything, only downside is for some reason everyone dies. When I say everyone i literally mean everyone. Even every single main character. It’s even got a sick scene where Vader is killing all these rebels in a dark hallways and they are trying to give the plans to the rebels on the other side of the locked door. Anyways be sure to watch this awesome movie!

1 person found this helpful.

Star Wars film with positive representations appeals to many ages.

1 person found this helpful.
An excellent, exciting, and thrilling showing of what is behind star wars a new hope which is an iconic film. However it may be intense for some but there isn't really bad influences throughout. It is just a kid friendly showing of war and its costs it can have from a iconic franchise

The Star Wars Movie we all needed

In a short time period right before the events of A New Hope, we find ourselves in the middle of a galactic war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire. With a desperate goal of retrieving the secret plans for the weapon of mass destruction: The Death Star, we follow a group of rebel spies whose hope is to restore peace to the galaxy.

Finally Puts the War Into Star Wars

Ever since I saw this movie, I felt like this should have been the look and tone of the sequel trilogy (of course, we know how THAT turned out. Thank you SO much Kathleen Kennedy). The thing that's really cool about this movie is that it really feels like a War movie, and I worry that we may never get this sort of experience from Star Wars ever again. Some people didn't like that every character dies at the end of the movie, but I love that. It's meant to be this tragedy. If you read some of the Star Wars books, you'll know that stealing the Death Star plans was a suicide mission. Plus, even if you don't like the movie, we can at least acknowledge that the Vader hallway scene was the single best Star Wars moment ever. Overall I think that this was the best Star Wars movie we ever got after the original trilogy.

Recommend

I watched this with my family a couple years ago and we all enjoyed it.

My favorite Star Wars movie! It really delivers, in ways the others didn’t.

Cinematography/Visuals: 5/5 Special Effects: 5/5 Acting: 4/5 Dialogue: 4/5 World-Building: 5/5 Humorous Moments: 4/5 Emotional Moments: 5/5 Soundtrack: 5/5