All member reviews for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Old-school, heartwarming classic for all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 22, 2011

A stupendous Christmas that give all the rest a run for thier money! Spectacular charecters like Rudolph and his friends teach kids to follow thier dreams and work toward thier goals. They'res just one little iffy thing that mom's won't like where Rudolphs dad tells her that he should find they're lost son because he's the man. Theres also a huge monster that may look evil to really little kid's but you see he has a warm heart in the end of the movie.

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 21, 2011

My favorite Christmas special growing up and my family and I still love it. Only concern is that very small children might be a bit frightened by the abominable snowman :)

Parent of a 3 year old Written byI Must Say December 16, 2010

Love the movie, but really it's full of horrible messages and scary scenes

Let me start by saying this was a childhood favorite of mine, my kids love it, and we watch it all the time. That said, the bumble is terrifying, as is the parental separation and peril. The sexist language is ridiculous. Even Santa bullies Rudolph. We make this into some warm-and-fuzzy story, but really it's a story showing that if you're a misfit you will not be valued until you can be exploited for your difference - at which time you're just valued for that usefulness and not just for being you. Love the movie for sentimental reasons, but feel like a bad mom every time I watch it and cringe!

Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Ah the classicis

Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byFowlerFan May 14, 2011

Bumbles Bounce!

Our kids love it. The snow monster is a little scary, but after a few viewings the kids don't even flinch.

Kid, 11 years old Written byMiranda Cosgrov... April 23, 2011

Good movie but pretty violent

Good Christmas special but the yeti may scare kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is so cute! Rudolph is adorable! This movies for everyone!

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bymhall45 January 13, 2009

too scary for 4 yr old

My 4 1/2 year old was terrified of the snow monster. I left the room for a bit while he was watching and came back to him huddling under the couch sobbing from fright. He is on the sensitive side, but I think this is better for older children.

Adult Written byAndrew Haxley February 22, 2011

Perfect Christmas Movie!!!!

Loved It Since I Saw It And It Was A Christmas Tale About Rudolph!

Gave Me Positive Messages That Being A Misfit And Wanting To Fit In Was That You Had To Be In Numbers And Just Get The Support Of Other Misfits!

And The Bumble Snowmonster In This Scene Tried To Hurt Clarice But Rudolph Stopped Him And He Got Attacked But Survived And He Went To Santa's Workshop And Was Brave And Showed Everyone That Being A Misfit Worked For Him And He Guided Santa's Sleigh A Great Tale And A Nice Storyline About How Rudolph Changed Christmas!

And No Profanity But Still A Fun Movie To Rent And Watch With Family's Together For Christmas!

Parent of a 3 year old Written byBetyD November 9, 2009

Fun for my 3 yr old!

Our daughter loves this movie. She watched it last year when she was about 2 1/2 and loved it. The snow monster is a bit scary, but she handled it just fine and continued on watching the movie. That is the only part that is a bit iffy.
This year, the snow monster doesn't phase her too much. She talks about him being scary, but she is more interested in Santa and Rudolph that the monster isn't such a big deal. I think it is a great Christmas classic for kids!

Parent of a 3 year old Written bykristin1234 December 29, 2008

Scared my 3 year 3 month daughter

The monster in the movie scared my 3 year old. Though I explained things to her as we went along, and kept telling her in the monster was really nice in the end, that end part is so short that it really didn't make a difference. She talked about the monster for close to a week. I regretted letting her watch it -- it had been so long since I had seen it I had forgotten the whole story line. I probably won't let her see it again until she's 5.

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

Christmas Classic that everyone should see.

Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

AH-MAZING!!!

If you haven't seen this movie, you're crazy. That's just my opinion! =P I loved this so much as a kid and I still love it now; the music is great, the story is great, the characters are lovable... it goes above and beyond the criteria for a good movie. This is going to be a classic for many years to come. (: (And personally, it's worth noting, I never saw it as violent? I've never known anyone who was ever frightened of this... you would have to be increeeeeedibly sensitive to be freaked out by Rudolph.)

Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byMimi37 June 28, 2010

Dated but charming overall

I think different editions of the classic movie may have been edited slightly differently -- ours has a couple of moments that I find troubling in terms of gender issues (although I agree with the editors' review in terms of the positive portrayal of dealing with fitting in). E.g., Rudolph's mom and girlfriend Clarice want to help Rudolph's dad search, and the dad says something like, "No! This is man's work!" And during takeoff practice, only the boy reindeer get to practice flying, while the girl reindeer stand off to the side and giggle/blush/flirt. That said, it's very subtle, and I still let my daughter watch it. I just make sure to point out and talk about those issues now and then. As with many kids, she found the snow monster scary at first (but not too bad) and she was troubled/puzzled about why the boss elf was "so mean" -- more conversation fodder. It's one of my old favorites, and now one of hers too. In fact, she loves it so much, we watch it all year round...

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome special!

i'm 13, but every year around christmas my whole family sits down to watch this great movie! Every time i'm still engaged with the great songs and dances! :D This is a great movie for the whole family

Parent of a 3 year old Written bys-bear December 16, 2010

We watched the original, unedited movie and wished we hadn't.

Snow monster scared my three year old, especially when it tried to eat the reindeer. Also, incredibly sexist movie and full of bullying.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bykategvt December 6, 2010

Not worth the time...read the book!

Was very disapointed in this movie...no warning about a very scary snow monster...not good for sensitive kids. Plus, the positive message seemed so watered down it was hard for 5 yo to understand. Not worth the time!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Everybody enjoys watching this enchated, heartwarming classic of Rudolph. This is one of my favorites to see in every holiday. Please let your children watch this classic, its even more better than the other christmas classics. Weh, have fun enjoying it!

Kid, 11 years old Written byhorsegirl5936 November 14, 2010

Love it!!!

Christmas classic for all ages :)