Kid reviews for Scream

Scream Poster Image

Amazing movie for Halloween!

I love this damn movie. Such a classic, the slasher genre would not be where it is today if it wasn’t for this movie. A meta-slasher with violence and some sexual scenes. The violence can be moderate to severe sometimes, the opening scene where Casey keeps getting threatening phone calls from the killer is frightening, but her and her boyfriend Steve are murdered. Casey is seen hanging from a tree with her guts dangling in the wind, we don’t see this happen though. The violence after this isn’t all that bad after the opening scene but be mindful on your child’s maturity level and what they can handle when it comes to violence. There is some sexual scenes, Sidney and her boyfriend Billy are shown having sex but there is nothing graphic or explicit shown. The only real sexual stuff is the language, characters are talking about sex all the time, they say in the movie in order to survive a horror movie you can never have sex but it’s honestly not that bad. Language is very moderate so I wouldn’t worry about that either. Recommend!

4 people found this helpful.

Like alien in the suburbs

Ok don’t get me wrong, this is a gory movie. But if your kids are mature enough, this is a good slasher for them to start off with. The gore really isn’t that bad, for example; skeet ulrich pretends to get stabbed, then later reveals its corn syrup. The thing is, it’s looks exactly like the blood in the actual movie. It can be very sexual at times, like the second time billy and Sydney make out. And the way Sydney’s mother dies is sexually. So is quite a sexy film, with no nudity. Language is very severe, with f bombs and s bombs shattered like broken glass. The most swearing is actually at the start. It’s also a bit scary, with scenes like the opening one and the ending. Overall, a very mature, classic slasher to start your kids off with the horror genre.
3 people found this helpful.
Lots of gore, and a sex scene, but otherwise a great movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat! Drinking is in it, and lots of swearing.

2 people found this helpful.
I love this movie. I rated it 13+ because i’m despite of a short s*x scene (which you can just fast forward through like I do) there isn’t much that’s bad about it. If your child isn’t bothered by blood, they’ll be fine. I know it’s a horror movie but it’s also a mystery of solving who’s the killer. The characters in the movie as well as the watcher try to figure out who is ghost face throughout the movie. You also see a party full of teens and the teens are drinking, make sure your child knows the dangers of underage drinking. Not that scary, definitely more suspenseful and entertaining. I would say this movie as well as every other horror movie requires a child that is mature enough to handle blood, gore, violence, etc. Another things to add is that a lot of older scary movies like this one aren’t as scary as newer ones because the blood, killings, and things like that don’t look very realistic because it was the 90’s.

Pretty good

I really like this movie I think anyone who likes horror or murder mystery would like this there is blood and some brief gore on the first death not to much swearing and some sex jokes
2 people found this helpful.

This movie is very gory and bloody!

I really liked this film and thought it was amazing. However it is very violent with a lot of jump scares that may frighten some people. There is a lot of swearing and stabbings throughout this movie. There isn’t to much sex I’d say about 5/10 and for violence 8/10 a girl gets her arm slit by ghost face and is electrocuted and killed. About 5/6 people are killed in this movie. A girl is seen being hanged from a rope around her neck with blood all over her. A girl is running while a killer with a sharp sharp knife is chasing her and she’s crying. A women is stabbed 3 times by ghost face. I think 14 year olds and up can watch this movie.

a classic horror movie

its good i don't really watch horror movies but this one is a good one , Skeet Ulrich is so hot

Pretty good

It isn't the best horror movie I've seen, but it's ok. It could have been a lot better, but I think it was still a pretty good movie. Not really violent, ok for 12+
1 person found this helpful.
1 person found this helpful.