Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 17 parent reviews

Sort by:

Not that great

Some overly adult themes, like gambling, and an overly sexualized character Lola. What seemed to first be an issue of the main shark being a vegetarian, is switched around when his dad apologizes for not liking how he dresses.

Too many adult themes

A lot of fake cursing, using puns in place of the real expletives. Also, there’s some strong sexuality, very Jessica Rabbit-esque, from one of the female characters, Lola. She also tries to seduce the main character. It’s pretty gratuitous for a supposed kid’s show.

Meh

It's good, but it needs more Shrek.

Very good movie but some mild sexual references.

I’ve watched this movie many times but there are some references not for children. Here are some of them: mafia, titanic picture showing slight nudity, making out scenes, racist references, mild profanity, and cheating.

Absolute garbage of a film.

This is DreamWorks animation at one of its absolute worse. For starters it is a fish movie that is trying to be a more mature “Nemo” clone. It’s a rip-off of a short lived Hannah Barbara cartoon called “Fish Police”. It’s stupid and I actually really hate this movie. I can’t even sit through it and I have sat through plenty of bad animated movies. Everything from Don Blush’s Troll in Central Park the ugly train wreck that is Food Fight! This may not be cheesy yet terrifying like Troll in Central Park nor have the terrible animation that is Food Fight! but it suffers from being too adult for kids and too juvenile for the adults. Garbage movie.

Turned it off due to name calling and way too many words a five-year-old doesn't need to know. Blows my mind that it's rated PG.

If you're a parent that is trying to keep adult language away from your little ones, don't watch this one. I have the mouth of a sailor when kids aren't around. I'm not a prude. I just see no reason to expose little ones to mean words or rude behaviors by choice.

Shark Tale was not for little kids

i think Shark Tale was a amazing movie but it was not for little kids because it has lots of mobster references mild swearing like hell and a fish is seen dressed up as a pimp with that being said i dont recommend it for anyone under the age of 13

Its a cool movie. I like it. Dirty Jokes, funny humor etc.

While yes this film has dirty humor, you have to remember its by dreamworks. Dreamworks movies (almost) always contains dirty humor. Like shrek, its full of dirty humor yet its still for kids. This movie has less dirty humor and its not for kids? Are you kidding me?

Best movie ever

Complex story, developed characters, will smith, what a dream