Kid reviews for Skyfall

Skyfall Poster Image

Bond returns for more racy, action-packed thrills.

1 person found this helpful.

Best movie ever.

Inspiring, and just overall amazing. The best Bond movie of all time, and not as much cheesy romance as the others besides kissing, as usual. In terms of action, there is shooting, motorcycle chases, vehicles exploding, dead bodies, blood, poising, and snipers. There were some shocking moments in the beginning, and the end, but it turned out to be pretty good. There's one creepy scene when the bad guy pulls off his real teeth to reveal rotting gums and stuff like that, but not as scary as it sounds. There is a lot of assassination, hackers, and the bad guy is mainly a cyber terrorist who wants to kill or burn (reveal) everyone in MI6, and is basically hunting down M. There are a lot of bad words, and Bond digs a bullet out of his skin once, but the only thing you can see are a few drops of blood. And people fall from cliffs and are blown up once or twice, kind of like a cartoon but real, but overall it's inspiring and motivating. There is alcohol, but they don't really mention it once besides in one part at a casino. There is an amazing lesson on regret, and love, and stuff like that, and it gets really emotional at times, in such an amazing way. But overall, my favorite movie ever. I watched it at ten, but I'm usually watching movies like a year above me. All of this stuff is, believe it or not, perfect for an eleven year-old aspiring to be a spy.

Skyfall

The best bond film ever.

Let the sky fall

A lot of violence but it's a very good bond movie I think this should be ok for the 12 years old and it's not as violent as Casino Royale.

GREAT MOVIE

12+ Violence and action all throughout. Some points it is quite violent but not too. There is one f word but its so brief its very easy to miss and a few s words and b words

The names Bond, James Bond!

What can i say. Amazing, violent yes, but not to over the top. Everyone says it's bad cos of sex and violence but it's not actually to over the top.

Bond

I really don’t like the other bond movies. But this one and spectra I enjoyed. It has more action then the old bond movies. But the only problem with the new and some other one, the problem is that Sean connery is not in them, I don’t like even one of the other bond characters I only liked Sean Connery.

James Bond at its very best; great storyline, action sequences and comic relief.

This is the only James Bond movie that goes above average. Skyfall not only fixes the pacing mistakes of the previous installments, the movie itself has the strongest script of them all. Despite its long runtime, the movie never drags. Also, as my dad pointed out, this movie makes James Bond more human. The basic storyline is that early in the movie Bond gets accidentally shot on a last-minute attempt to kill the bad guy he was pursuing. He then recovers, and slowly builds his strength back up. Later, MI6 is attacked by a mysterious cyberterrorist, which turns out to be Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem), who also tries to kill M (Judi Dench) as revenge for betraying him. Daniel Craig does a solid job playing James Bond, but this time he has a lot more comic relief than usual. Judi Dench has probably the most comic relief as M. Supporting characters like Moneypenny (Naomie Harris), Mallory (Ralph Fiennes), and Q (Ben Wishaw) are memorable as well. Javier Bardem does a beyond memorable performance as the villain, Raoul Silva. His character is very sadistic and is probably the best Bond villain yet. As for action sequences, there are an abundance of them! My favorite scene is probably the opening chase sequence. The highest point of exhilaration for me is when Bond chases Silva’s henchman by riding a motorcycle and using it to jump on the rooftops. The fun doesn’t stop when they land on top of a train, than the bad guy starts rapidly firing his pistol at a bulldozer. Afterwards, they get into a fistfight on top of the train. My second favorite sequence is when Bond is in Shanghai, and when he fights the bad guy, you only see the shadows fighting. You also see the bright colors in the background. I also really enjoyed it when Bond chased Silva by sliding down the escalators, and shooting at him as he climbs up the ladder. It was very clever when you saw Silva’s shadow running away from Bond. The Komodo dragon sequence was also very cool. The scene where Silva shoots up the entire courtroom was pretty intense. This movie also has one of the better final fights of the franchise. When Silva attacks Bond’s hometown, the car literally starts rapidly firing bullets, and Bond is shooting at the helicopter outside the window! The building also explodes. It was also exciting to watch Bond on the frozen lake, while one of Silva’s henchmen uses a machine gun to shoot up the ice! That leads to them getting into a fistfight underwater. Now, the parents guide starts: Violence: Like the scenes I’ve described, there are plenty of shootouts and explosions. A man gets gobbled by a Komodo dragon, but it only shows the dragon biting his leg and dragging him. This movie is also less bloody than the previous ones, with most of it only happening when dead men lie in pools of blood. These scenes are very quick. Probably the most disturbing scene in the entire movie, is when after Silva describes how cyanide destroyed him, he takes out his dental prosthetic, and it shows his rotten teeth and his droopy eye. I always fast-forward through this part. Plus, Silva’s character is sadistic, but is no worse than The Dark Knight. Sex: A couple of short but skippable love scenes with no nudity. When you first see Bond later after he got shot, you see him passionately kissing a woman standing up against a wall. Another scene happens where he starts making out with a woman in the shower, which is covered up by the shower steam. And Silva sadistically flirts with Bond, by touching the collar of his shirt. Language: The “s” word is used a couple of times. The “b” word is used once in a funny scene. The “f” word is used by M, towards the end. Substance Abuse: None that I remember. I highly recommend this movie for 007 fans or just older teens who are into action flicks. Like I’ve said, it’s the best movie of the Craig era.