All member reviews for Skyline

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe greenguy3 April 13, 2011

very good movie edge of the seat lots of sci fi action but suckish ending

Adult Written bykhan2705 November 18, 2010

Awful.... worse sci fi alien movie.

well i had no expectations from this movie after seeing its ratting on Rotten Tomatoes, and as usual this film turns out to be one of the worst Alien / sci fi movie ever. one of the worst movie of the year. don't waste your money on it. only good thing about this movie were those pretty attracting posters just like the in the movie (the strange blue light from alien ships that attracts the victims). don't even waste your time on it, i mean if u download movies or watch it on sites. hate it so much. after watching trailer i thought if the movie is no good maybe the special effects will give me a visual pleasure but no , even special effects are bad, super worse. i know its a B grade movie but still looks bad if not worse.

everything start so early and ends early too. one of the worst written plot for a sci fi movie ever. awful story with bad screenplay. uneven screenplay. acting is below average. and this movie has one of the insane ENDING ever. i was horribly miffed with this movie. its very rare that i give movie a awful review. i usually find some aspect or something in the movie which i like or interest me even if others doesn't or even if its of no importance. i am a fan of these visual pleasure fantasy sci fi movies like i love those indie or dramas. but this was awful. no lilkable characters or story or anything. crap. i would have given it half or 1 stars but 1.5 for somehow little bit nice effort visually.

Parent Written byobnoxiousm May 6, 2011

No thematic value to justify violence, except a wimpy "protect your family!"

A great idea, poorly written. Aliens with some kind of mind control powers come and destroy the earth, with a very negative tone. The ending isn't as bad as some reviews would tell you, but there's not a lot to get out of this except gore and fear. The devotion of Jared to protecting his family is nice, but next to the shallow, sparkly backdrop of a depopulated, affluent city it seems kind of shallow. Elaine is a walking incubator. I think you should stay away on issues of quality, but there isn't much thematic merit to the piece either. You really need that thematic goodness to justify all the offensive madness here.

Adult Written byhappy-wanderer January 3, 2011

Wouldn't even recommend for adults

Way too violent. Terrible ending. Extremely bad writing. I'm not sure this is science fiction or a slasher film, but the creators of this movie should never be allowed to make another movie. This one is sure to give kids nightmares.

Adult Written byMovieMark November 24, 2010

Bad Movie for any age. Don't waste your time or money.

When my 14 year old son and I saw the trailers for Skyline we were excited to see it. I was reminded of Independence Day, Cloverfield and War of the Worlds. What Skyline delivered was one of the worst movies that I can recall. I was surprised that a movie studio would put this in the theaters. The story/plot is stupid and the acting is substandard. There are no likeable characters and no reason to care about what's going to happen next. The dialogue is lame and the special effects don't save this stinker. We (the viewers) don't care about the characters which is just as well because they all die anyway. Oops....sorry. The ending is especially moronic. We never get to know who or what the aliens are or why they have come. I could go on but I think my point is made. I told my son that we should've seen Unstoppable and that I was glad to just be hanging out with him

Kid, 9 years old April 18, 2011

SKYLINE

its in the the middle

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 5, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

What to watch out for

Messages:
Aliens attack, randomly, out of nowhere, interrupting the lives and plans of several young adults. The humans want to survive, but they have no real idea how. They try to overcome this major challenge, but nothing they do -- and nothing anyone else does -- has any real effect.

Role models:
East Coasters Jarrod and Elaine are presented as more admirable than the "soulless" Los Angeles residents, who are generally depicted as liars, cheaters, and not very nice. Jarrod is protective of Elaine, but his attempts to rescue the group usually come to nothing -- and he becomes less trusthworthy later on as events progress. The women usually look to the men for help.

Violence:
Scary images of humans being abducted into alien spaceships; black veins begin to appear on human victims, and eyeballs turn white. Lots of gross creature effects, such as slime and brains. Giant aliens grab and "eat" humans. A character attacks an alien brain with an ax. Guns are pulled. Jet planes engage in a dogfight with alien ships, and missiles are fired. A character kills himself in a gas explosion in an effort to take out some of the monsters. Lots of arguing.

Sex:
A man and a woman have implied sex in a bathroom at a party; cheating is suggested. At a party, people spy on the neighbors, and there's some implied oral sex. Girls in bikinis are seen near a swimming pool. The hero's girlfriend is pregnant; there's some discussion around this.

Language:
Several uses of "s--t," plus "oh my God," "hell," "d**n," "son of a bi*ch," "a*s," and "god*amn.,"

Consumerism:
Not an issue.
Drinking, drugs, & smoking:
Characters (young adults) drink lots of hard liquor during a birthday party.

Adult Written bywallyk2334 November 18, 2010

Please do not waste any money on this terrible movie

One of worst movies I have ever scene. I love sci-fi and I love Turk from scrubs but whoever wrote this script should be shot!! Awesome special effects. I am really shocked that this movie ever made it to the screen. At best it should have been direct to DVD or shown on the sci-fi channel. I've seen better movies on
mystery science theater 3000.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byheydude01 December 16, 2010

Honestly I think that this movie sucked. The story line to me seems like a combination of Cloverfield and District 9. The movies plot didn't make sense because through out the whole entire movie all the character would sit in a room and just wait until something happens and the ending of the movie also makes no sense *Spoiler Alert* when the main character's brain get's put into an alien's body and rescues his girlfriend. So in my opinion this movie completely sucked and anyone that actually like this movie you seriously need to watch better movies.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byalldfun January 29, 2011

better than some may think.

This is actually a really good movie. Except for the ending.

Teen, 15 years old Written byerica921 May 30, 2011

stupid

Dumb movie no ending and no beginning

Kid, 12 years old Written bysimonbob13 May 8, 2011

Meh

This movie was average to me. One character smokes, and there was an F-bomb, once, but it's for a younger audience. Amazingly, there was almost no blood. Slight violence, i.e. one character drives into a zombie, but it's pretty mild. It had great special effects, but it wasn't en exceptional movie, and the ending left me hanging. a lot. Sometimes that can be good, and they said a little through the credits, but they could've gone a little farther. And, lastly, it moved along much too fast. It won't have your kids falling asleep halfway through, but they failed to explain a few things about it, like, they said there weren't any aliens by the water, but they failed to explain how the heck they figured that out.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoralinefan02062009 May 12, 2011

Effects are good, that's about it

Skyline an alien invasion film, one of my favorite types of movies when it's done right. This however wasn't done right at all, The ending sucked, along with the entire movie. This movie was such a let down with all the boring action and all that. I gave this movie a 2 and not a 1 because of the special effects, AMAZING! This movie I think had potential I was just all wasted. Overall, effects are the only reason to watch this crappy movie.

Kid, 11 years old Written bydudeyo November 27, 2010

Don't wast your time on this movie.

This movie was bad. I did not like it at all. Besides the CGI that was pretty good. About some of my concerns is the intense violence. The violence includes explosions, alien blood, and brains. Peoples brains are pulled out of there sockets used for the aliens.
There is not much kissy kissy parts. But in one part people at a party spy on a guy in another room with there telescope. Them another guy comes in to the screen. So I got worried that the guys they were spying on where gay.
Language includes the b word the s word h, s, g, d, a, and f.
Lets just say there role models are not that good. Most people care about themselves. One character protects another character and her baby. But that didn't pass my role model scale. Thats all folks!

Teen, 17 years old Written byryan@atlantis November 27, 2010

DON'T see this movie. PLEASE.

Skyline was a horrendous mix of bad acting, bad script, and the overwhelming sense that it was trying to be an especially bad Syfy Original Movie. If I can scrounge up one positive thing about this flick is that the effects were quite good for the budget. But no matter how flashy it tried to be, the rest was so atrocious it simply wasn't worth the time. And I have to say the MPAA was wrong to give this film a PG-13; between the unusually gross violence and some implied gay sex, this should have gotten an R rating. I wouldn't want my kid to be able to waltz into a movie like this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycommander720 January 4, 2011

hate it! walked out within 45 min.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bycone March 17, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byzipzipzap November 26, 2010

really bad movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bylapras96 July 30, 2011

Chilled

It was like your regular thriller chilling but at the same time awesome to watch

Kid, 12 years old Written byironkid21 November 23, 2010

This movie was a waste of time. It had some cool things but it was still boring. The first half got me excited to see what was gonna happen but then it just dropped the ball. I think u should just rent it because there are some cool things. It's fine for 8 or 9+