Parent reviews for Smile

Smile Movie: Poster

MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS!

So.. I went and saw this movie with my boyfriend (23yr, 24yr) and cousin (15yr). I have watched scary movies my whole life. Been into scary things in general. I'm the type that likes being scared. This movie was on another level, not because of the heavy gore or cursing but the psychological side of it really made me think about it. The movie contains superb auditory effects which make you anxious, overwhelmed, even disoriented and on the verge of a breakdown yourself without realizing whats happening until its obvious. I believe they wanted you to feel what the character feels throughout the movie. There were also numerous groups walk out of the theater as we watched on. Watching this made me ponder whether I should continue watching scary movies because it made me really think about what I'm allowing inside my mind. It really bothered me more hours after the movie even into the next day as well. I won't ever watch it again. Do not watch it if you're not mentally healthy and or strong minded.
10 people found this helpful.

Very scary horror

This is an extremely scary, graphic horror movie that should not be taken lightly. I have seen my fair share of horror movies over the years but this one definitely has a different feel to it. It is chilling, unnerving, and very difficult to watch sometimes. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire movie. About half the theatre got up and left throughout the movie. The movie focuses on mental health and trauma and it does that very well. Not for the easily rattled, lots of gore and jump-scares. I would not recommend for kids.
6 people found this helpful.

Keep smiling

This is an excellent horror movie, much more scary than the huge titles like it, lots and lots of gore like skin ripping and burning body’s, really good movie

2 people found this helpful.

It had it all, violence, scares, and language in a terrifying horror movie!

Going into this movie, I didn't really realise how scary this movie actually was. I keep on saying, it probably wouldn't have been that scary if I saw it at home because I was in control of the volume, but you know theater volumes: it's up there!! And that's probably why I think this was such a terrifying one because volume does have a big say in horror movies! This movie for the most part had a very disturbing theme, but an interesting plot that no matter how much I closed my eyes, my eyes were always back open. Techinally from the beginning to the end, I was kind of always on the egde of my seat: not knowing what would actually happen! The soundtrack for this movie helped a lot on making the movie scary, and making it have the scary atmosphere it had! The volume of the movie was up and high, that whenever there was a silent moment and something loud happened it always got to me. If I probably watched this at home, I wouldn't exactly say it was the most scariest movie I saw, but after seeing it in theaters, I am downright terrified of this film. The monster in this movie wasn't all that bad, but when it came down to the final moment I was actually scared of it!! That monster was the monster that made it the disturbing movie it was. It was scary, and there was more than enough jump scares to get me scared . . . by the 40 mintue mark, I had my eears covered for any scary moments because I truly was scared of this movie. I even came out shaking after seeing this. It was a theater exprience but it wasn't my favorite one. Besides the jump-scares and the scariness, I truly enjoyed the originalty of it all and how it had this disturbing theme in it. It may have been very scary, but the plot was original and it was a refreshing taste of what actual horror could do to you after seeing it!

Quite disturbing

Smile was quite a terrifying movie to the point of me walking out of the theater just because of how graphic and disturbing the scenes were. The directors certainly gave the fear factor they were going for. Although I felt there was little to no warning of the SH and suicidal scenes which was alarming to me. I've never had an issue with such topics or any horror movie to be honest but this movie really messed with my head. It's affected me in a way that a horror movie never did and it's not a good thing. Please be cautious when going to this movie, especially if you've struggled/are struggling with mental health. Even for people who haven't struggled, I highly recommend being cautious as well as I had been fine with things until after the parts of the movie I saw.

Excessive suicide scenes!

The plot was really similar to Truth or Dare in that its essentially just a person being chased by a hallucination. CANNOT stress this enough - Massive trigger warning for suicide. There was way too much of it, and not enough warning. Every 15 minutes there was another graphic suicide scene, and/or some scene involving a psychotic break. In my opinion, they could've had the same storyline without the gore. It was so bad that I had to leave the cinema, and I've never had issues with horror movies before.

NOT SCARY

Okay this movie ain't that scary. The starting of the movie is some random bitch killing herself which was creepy asf i wanted to slap that bitches smile off so fast. Next the mc wraps a fucking dead cat for a birthday present to a CHILD like shit who you tryna traumatize? Then the MC's friend ends up bieng evil and shit and i was just laughing the enitre time cuz shit just kept happening. This movie reminded me of truth or dare it was pretty shitngl

1 person found this helpful.

Nobody needs to subject themselves to this psycological trauma

For 21 and up.

Parents should know that this moive is inappropriate for people under 21 and up because this moive has, Violence, Guns, Sex, blood, smoking, All of the curse words, people getting hit by a car, wine, and beer.