Kid reviews for Smile

Smile Movie: Poster

2 STARS!?

this movie is a masterpiece. it keeps you wondering and on the edge of your seat the whole time. there is never a dull moment in the movie because you always feel as if something will happen. it is jam packed with twists and turns. there is quite a bit of violence but it’s nothing unbearable. And just about every other sentence is the F word but i’m sure it’s nothing your kids aren’t hearing already. there are no sex elements what so ever so i’m not really sure what the R rating is for. Overall i think this is a must for horror fans who really want an exciting scary movie, not just some generic, boring movie which is what a lot of horror is like now unfortunately. And don’t forget to smile..

11 people found this helpful.

stoppppp 😭

this movie was like actually terrifying. like i saw this in the theater and like so many people were crying bc it was so scary 😭😭😭😭 don’t get me wrong, GREAT movie and very very well done, its just so scary in the theater!!!!! but honestly you expect a horror movie to be scary soooooo. like i also found a lady crying and hugging her husband and i honestly felt so bad.

8 people found this helpful.

Heavy gore, disturbing things, and jump scares. Fun movie but could have been a bit better.

I’m 14 and i know that nobody cares abt kid reviews so here I am. I had very high standards for this movie and had been waiting for it for a while. I really loved the horror element of the story. Very disturbing scenes, intense violence and gore , and endless loud jump scares. It’s a great movie to see with a friend or just to watch something scary. It Had a lot of potential and they could have made it better and tied up some things in the end but it Was still really good. is. Over very scary and fun movie.
6 people found this helpful.

Do not recommend.. wasnt even scary.. waste of money..

I went and saw this movie in the theatre and man.. I was so disappointed. I’m 13 years old and I don’t get spooked easy but this movie was horrible in my opinion… My friends wanted to see this and so I went too so I wasn’t very interested in the first place. Everybody was saying that is was SO good and scary but I really don’t think it was scary at all… the jump scares never got me. The ending sucked. Kinda thought it was dumb. I really do not recommend. Waste of money…
4 people found this helpful.

It was scary, unsettling, and not for the fainthearted

I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me on edge and scared. Jump-scares were properly put into place, and the tension is just spine-chilling. However, it is not for young viewers. Although it is not very constant, there is some brutal and bloody violence, that include stabbing, throat slicing, ripping skin, and bloody cuts. Also, it is filled with grisly images that will certainly traumatize younger viewers. There is no sex, though. The main character is a good person, and there are diverse representations. However, there are no positive messages. To resume, the movie is certainly not for the faint of the hearth, but is clearly an enjoyable and terrific experience.

Best movie ever!!!

I have said this once and I will say it again. BEST MOVIE EVER. This is one of the best creations in like cinematic history. There’s loads of gore but it should generally be good for teens 14 and up

2 people found this helpful.

A terrifying movie but has a lot of suicide

This movie is so good! But, it’s pretty disturbing. All of the deaths in this movie are suicides and they show everything in detail and they last a long time before dying. Like, the opening kill for example, she picks up a shard of glass and slowing slices a smile into her face as blood pours down her cheeks, she is also smiling while doing so. The slicing goes on for a long time without any cut, showing a ton of detail. Also, something that also may be upsetting is the scene where the main character Rose, goes to her 9 year old nephew’s birthday party and buys him a toy train and wraps it in a box. She gives it to him and inside is Rose’s cat who went missing a bit ago in the movie but the cat is dead with its guts shown dangling. Thought that was also worth a mention because it might be a bit sensitive for some people. A terrifying movie but not appropriate for younger teenagers due to its violence, although, it may be alright depending on their maturity level.

2 people found this helpful.
This movie was mad disturbing but at the same time it was an incredible story, I saw this movie when it first came out and I was jumping out of my seat keft and right, a tone of great jump scares and a lot of gory horror violence but a bit too much sweating for a movie like this

17 and up

this show was pretty good. I think they could lower the swearing down a lot cause me people would watch it. I would say good show to much swearing! and the end of the trailer is creepy!

Violent disturbing!

Disturbing! So so violent much blood and gore. Stabbings, suicide, face ripped off etc etc.