Kid reviews for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Poster Image

Guys

Snow White is 14 and then her prince is 31...... JAIL!

1 person found this helpful.

Misogynistic garbage

31 year old man kisses unconscious 14 year old girl.

Classic that has to be watched, but taken with a pinch of salt.

As a film produced in its time, it is very impressive. However the morals from back then are waaaay outdated and honestly would be offensive if this movie was made nowadays. 1. She barges into random people’s house and starts bossing around, patronising, and treating them like children. Just because they are as tall as children doesn’t mean they are. They are obviously capable of taking care of themselves (they work in the mines) 2. Snow whites most attractive feature is her pale skin (vaguely racist???) 3. She leaves without even saying thank you 4. She has to wait for a beautiful prince to save her (true loves kiss even though it’s the first time he ever saw her) 5. The prince is 31 and she’s 14 6. The whole thing revolves around her beauty and doesn’t even focus for a second on her values and strength (sexualising women?) So ok I might be exaggerating a tad but still. I would recommend watching it as it was the first ever Disney film and it’s a classic, however, keep in mind that the morals are outdated and are not exactly teaching your kids respect.

Snow White: *sings* Someday my prince will come! Susie Haltmann: NO! I LIVE FOR THE VILLAIN PRINCE!!!!! I will come to him!

Things to Know Before Considering to Watch! * Parents need to understand that there are some content that are now considered inappropriate nowadays (e.g. The age difference between Snow White (I know, she's 14) and Prince Florian (31) if they were in a romantic relationship (especially for marriage) can now be illegal according to several state and country laws; the one over 18 will get criminal charges and a fine). * There are some violence that may not be suitable for younger children. * Parents also need to know that there's The Evil Queen (Queen Grimhilde) transforms into an old hag to trying to kill Snow with her poison apple during the climax. There is some language that is more kid-friendly (e.g. When Grumpy says “shut up!”).

Again with the sexism...

I STRONGLY DISLIKE disney princesses because it gives the unrealistic expectation that girls should have males save them. It also gives the expectation that all girls should like these. This is a scary movie, so I made it 7+. US GIRLS ARE NOT FRAGILE! WE ARE STRONG INDEPENDENT AND BRAVE!

eh

i guess the movie is good and all but one things that took me off with is that snow white got married in the age of 14, and to make it even worse that she married someone who was almost 40 years old

Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

I like the 7 Dwarfs.

I LOVE IT!!

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the Disney film that started it all and I think it’s the best! Just be beware of the Evil Queen, the Huntsman, or the Witch that poisons Snow White, they might be a little scary. I first saw this film when I was 11 and until now, an instant classic that I could watch over and over again. Snow White is my favorite character in the movie because she is my FAVORITE Disney Princess. Out of all of the seven dwarfs my favorite is Grumpy because he’s hilarious, and up to his character, and I like it when he says “Hah! Women!” and then spits. For a 1937 animated Disney film that just turned 84 years old it’s very good but if you have younger kids that are fine with the scary parts watch it! But if you have kids that are deeply scared it would have to be a skip. “Whistle While you Work” is my favorite song from the movie because of the whole concept. I didn’t even shed a tear when Snow White was sleeping in her deathbed, I knew that was going to happen. The kind princess was kissed by the prince and lived happily ever after!! Snow White is an instant Disney classic for sure, if you like 1930’s movies, this is a must watch! Just as good as Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

Grossly creepy and bizarre

Usually I try to keep a wide cinematic mind open, but in 2009 when I saw this garbage in theaters, I was haunted. There is a scene in this "Snow White" featuring men in rabbit costumes holding a coffin that literally gave me nightmares. The fact I even had to write that description shows how utterly confusing this movie is. The dubbing is horrible, I didn't realize it was an Spanish movie as a kid and I thought I was going crazy because I noticed the words didn't sync up to their lips. Please only see the 9013 classic version, the ONLY version in my book.