Parent reviews for Solo: A Star Wars Story

Solo: A Star Wars Story Poster Image

Repetitive Language

Three cuss words, used five zillion times, though.

2 people found this helpful.

Kids can handle it, but still

My 5 going on 6 year old has been a big Star Wars fan despite my relative dissuasion -- I'd avoid most of them, but I caved on this. He enjoyed it (I wouldn't say he loved it) but I felt a real twinge of regret twice -- there's some really gratuitous violence, as when a bad guy apparently knifes someone energetically right at the moment we meet him, and then later, one of the good guys shoots another in a really painful classic Star Wars moment calculated to wring an emotional response. There is nothing redemptive about that scene -- it is pure SW gateway violence, which I think now largely defines the genre (and maybe always did). My kid was perturbed by both scenes and asked me about them. I am not sure when anyone is old enough to witness gratuitous violence -- maybe never. On the other hand he wasn't traumatised (it was all guns and chasing for the next 2 days).

1 person found this helpful.

This movie is and forever will be my favourite Star Wars.

I know everyone has their own opinion but I personally thought the movie was GREAT!!! I love the original movies, but I always wondered about Han Solo’s background, plus he was one of my favourite characters so I was very thrilled and excited when they came out with this movie, I’ve seen it up to 8 to 10 times since it came out and still absolutely love it, the acting and casting was on point, the actor for Han both acted and looked like Harrison Ford which made me happy, sure Q’ra was wearing a slightly inappropriate dress at one point, but overall, the movie was AMAZING and totally worth watching.

Ehh movie, great watch with the kids though

The visuals really made up for what little this movie had to offer and honestly I'd have just wished they started off with a new character. The iconic parts are extremely cringe-worthy and the kissing in this movie I feel would bump it up to +12 rating. Overall, there are some good action scenes but all the relationships feel so flat. Good watch with the kids

So-so spin-off flick shows slight disrespect to a great character

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of action and violence, language, sensuality, and momentary cruelty

Really good Star Wars Story

Great movie action packed but not to violent a couple deaths and Alot of kissing in the beginning.

Roll of the dice, between this and SWTLJ being the worst Star Wars films ever made (equaly as bad).

Roll of the dice, between this and SWTLJ being the worst Star Wars films ever made (actually both are equally as bad). There are two very good reviews by YouTube user MauLer, much more fun than the films: Star Wars: The Last Jedi: An Unbridled Rage Solo: A Star Wars Story: An Unbridled Rage ... Don't be fooled by the positive reviews on the website here. It's, simply, too much to discuss. Trust your instincts, it's -really- THAT bad.