Kid reviews for Song of the Sea

Song of the Sea Poster Image

Great movie, some scenes are kind of boring.

I think adults and kids could enjoy this movie, but some scenes are kind of boring. Violence is 2 of 5: In some scenes the protagonist's sister looks very weak and sick which could seem traumatizing to very young kids. Sexual content is 1 of 5: The parents of the protagonist kiss, but isn't visual. Driking or drugs is 1 of 5: The father of the protagonist is seen in a bar for a few seconds. Lenguage is 0 of 5: None.

1 person found this helpful.

And outstanding movie

This movie takes my breath away every time. It's so beautiful and inspiring. Definitely recommend it. This is my favorite movie of all time.

Beautiful

Super pretty and super sad. This movie is a must-see

Beautifully hand-drawn, but may not appeal to kids.

This is a wonderful film. The story and animation styles are gorgeous. The film is entirely hand-drawn, which makes the beautiful scenery in the movie even more interesting and surreal. However, this sometimes makes the production look flat and not as smooth as other animation in kids tales today, such as Despicable Me or Finding Nemo. This may not interest younger kids. You also must be slightly familiar with gothic folktale to fully embrace the story. Otherwise some things will remain unclear until it is explicitly explained later in the film. Even teens and adults may be confused at points in time. I know I was. Overall, it’s a beautiful and gorgeous story that is slightly confusing and slightly scary. 4 stars.

Fantastic film

It’s a great film, the music is beautiful and the art is so pretty. For me it’s appealing for kids and adults alike.

YOU CAN'T MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my all time favorite movie. The characters are very adorable, the art is so spectacularly detailed, beautiful drawings, gorgeous songs, easy plot and more. Things that little children need to know: Little kids might not get the plot but they can still enjoy the adorable Selkie and the nice songs and artwork. Things to watch out for: NOTHING...maybe people turning to stone........? I dunno.

A stunning film

Song of the sea is a beautiful film about family, how different people grieve in different ways, and with a wonderful twist of mystery and magic along the way. I feel like people of all ages are capable of enjoying this film, and that it's an amazing example of love overcoming grief. Everyone can take something from this movie, and the animation is exquisite.

Beautiful movie, good morals, cute animation.

I saw this with my family. My little sister loved the adorable seals and the cutely drawn main character. My mother loved the heart-wrenching parts, like the family reuniting with their presumably deceased mother. I loved the fantasy elements. What I'm saying is, there is something in it for everyone. Great messages: It teaches you that you should always be good to your sibling. Great role models: Cu is a loyal dog, Saoirse doesn't speak, but she has her shining moments. Ben will do whatever it takes to save the faires and his sister Violence: some of it, but very mild Drinking: Pipes and beer are shown

Visually Stunning and Beautiful!!!

This movie blew me away! I watched it with my sister along time ago and haven't stopped since. I love how the relationship between Ben and Siersha builds over time! The music matches perfectly with the situations, and the characters are built beautifully! It also has a great streak of comedy especially at the end. The only thing I wish was explained was why the mother had to leave. It doesn't really explain that part very well. I do know it did have to do with Siersha being born though. Otherwise AMAZING film I really do love Gkids!