Kid reviews for Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer Poster Image

Really good movie, shark attack might be to intense for young kids

Really inspiring and good movie. Violence: The shark attack is very bloody. You see blood trail through the water and you see the shirt around her arm/stub turning quickly bloody. If you notice details you can see her sister vomiting for a split second. For the rest of the movie she does not have arm. Some sequences were damages from a flood are shown( some are dirty and homeless, and women is sad that here family died). Sex: Some guys are shirtless and girls are in bathing suits a lot. Talks about looking hot. There is a talk about how small a bathing suit piece is and that she could possibly showing more than her surfing. Language: I don't recall any Substances: Adults drink alcoholic beverages . All in all: A great inspiring movie with great messages, but not for people who can't handle blood.

My Honest Opinion

This movie was a bit graphic, it's based on a true story. I enjoyed watching it, I recommend watching this if you are 12 or older with an adult because it's a little graphic. But it's still a great show with great messages and great role models!

A bit disappointing

This should be rated PG-13. The shark attack is definitely not brief. Too much blood. There are some pretty cheesy scenes, and bad acting. AnnaSophia Robb didn’t do a great job portraying Bethany Hamilton. I like the story, but this movie was a disappointment.

Lotta blood

the shark attack was definetly NOT brief

Such a let down

Soul Surfer is a movie about a competitive surfer that gets her arm ripped off by a 14 foot tiger shark. I don't recommend it whatsoever. The plot line is dry. It's also very spiritual, which I personally don't favor. The dialogue seems like it was written with little passion and contains boring wording. For young kids it's probably too frightening. It also features extremely cheesy scenes. AnnaSophia Robb (The girl who plays the main character) doesn't do a good job portrayed the disbelief and pain of Bethany. In conclusion; this movie was a big waste of time for me.

1 person found this helpful.
I thought that when i viewed it (about 3 years ago) it was overly violent and disturbing although my younger sister thought it was fine. I'm probably not the best example though as I have a shark phobia.

1 person found this helpful.

I didn’t enjoy it too much

The movie would have been good if her arm had not been bitten off by that shark. After that, there were some OKAY parts but not that good. Depending on the movie, I’d rather watch an R rated movie than Soul Surfer. I gave it 10+ because it’s not too bad and my sister watched it when she was 10.

Terrifying!!!

To all parents and/or children with shark phobias. I was shown this with the intention of exterminating my already existing fear and it backfired scaring me out of going in swimming pool!!!!!!And I realised that it is a true story!!!!!!

Cheesy

Soul Surfer exploits the inspiring true story with no respect by adding cliches and treacle.

Shark attack