All member reviews for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Many kids will like this mustang tale.

Kid, 12 years old Written byhorsenrider April 20, 2010

The BEST horse movie on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spirit is the BEST horse movie I have ever seen!!!!!!! WARNING - This movie is so awesome that it will make you cry! I wish I had the bond with my horse like the one Little Creek had with Spirit. I have watched this movie so many times that I can almost remember every word. When I was about 5, I drew a picture book about Spirit because I loved it so much (a very lame attempt if I do say so myself!)
The audio buy Bryan Adams if pretty cool too...

Kid, 11 years old Written bySmarty1999 April 16, 2010

You have to watch this!

thsi movie rocks! i got around when i was 6 and nothing bothered me. I love horses so that movie was and still is one of my all time favorite movies!!!!!!!

Adult Written byjubajen April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old Written byocie14 February 21, 2010

This movie is great!! the music is awesome!!! ive been watching this my whole life. maybe a little violent for ages 6 and under but its really an awesome movie!!

Kid, 11 years old Written bysimba11 January 30, 2010

a great, action packed movie.

next to the lion king, this is my favorite movie. its fun an exitciting, I like the fact that it's for kids and tells a good story.
With little kids, tv's not all about dora.

Kid, 9 years old Written bySailorSweety April 19, 2009

Parent of a 6 year old Written byroweena December 29, 2009

VERY VIOLENT!!! NOT suitable for SENSITIVE Children...

i think this movie is far too negative and violent for any child under the age of 8. to be honest - i would have preferred my child to never see this! i really feel that the 3 minutes at the end where the horse escapes and finds freedom does not make all the negative and scary parts worth enduring... a very traumatic film full of animal cruelty, fighting and fire!

i fast forwarded many of the really violent scenes but to see people mistreating horses that way and no positive message at all... my daughter cried so many times... this is the first time ive seen her sob uncontrollably in a movie! my husband left cause he just couldnt bare it - he said it was a horrid movie! if you have a sensitive child - dont go there - its just not worth it. if you want to see a horse movie consider dreamer or flicker.

Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 15, 2009

A beautiful movie

For hardly any talking in this film, this movie was AWESOME! The horses seemed so realistic, so did the people. Kids may be frightened by some people that tie up the horses, kick them, and beat them. But, it's a beautiful tale.

Kid, 10 years old Written byPit bull loverr August 9, 2010

I wonder if they have kids....WELL ITS SO GOOD U WANT IT TO KEEP GOING!

i LOVED the movie....a great great movie

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byrachelernst.com August 19, 2009

Not ready at age 5.

I'm watching this as I type and decided I'm not ready for my 5 year old to see it yet. Certainly not my 3 year old, so it can't pass as a family movie for us. There is a lot of peril and violent interaction. It's certainly an adventure, but by percentage of time spent on negative vs. positive action, I just can't endorse this until my kids are older. It's almost non-stop action and I'd like to keep it more calm here. The landscapes are beautiful. We'll check it out later when my kids are ready for more discussion about it. It will raise lots of questions about violence. But it does lack the typical annoying, base, verbal violence and drama of so many other shows.

Adult Written byTheShaman April 9, 2008

Spirit was very enjoyable

Im a big fan of the Disney Animation Full length films. As the general review stated there is some violence and some abuse tward Spirit.... but the film is very enjoyable for adults, lots of adult themed humor that goes right over the kids heads. The kids can enjoy this film as well, lots of action, some fun scenes. In no way was i ever bored nor did i even look up at the clock to see how much time was left in the film. I have a 2 yr old that watched the entire movie with mommy and daddy, and the entire time she just squeeled "horsey's"!! It was very cute. A must see for the whole family.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTwix December 13, 2009

About a stallion finding his way back home after he is captured, making new friends and enemies in the process. I remember when this came in theaters and I loved it.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymweissinger July 25, 2009

sensitive -emotional kids beware

My 6 year old is sensitive and cried multiple times watching this movie. If you have a sensitive child just beware that this movie has parts that are sad when the horse is separated from loved ones etc. that can lead sensitive children to tears.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 25, 2010

Not for sensitive children

If your child doesn't want to see animals get hurt, you might want to avoid this one. A train chases a horse, gun shots, cougar attack, and a fire. If you get past all of that it is a great movie.

Kid, 10 years old Written byerihamster September 30, 2010

STUIPED MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

y can't I watch it. i'm a tween. STUIPED MOVIE WON'T LET ME WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 19, 2010

A very good movie despite making me go to sleep and kind of ripping of Bambi

This movie is good, but it kinds of ripoff Bambi though. I remember when it went to theaters and i slept through it, but i liked it. I highly recommeded it.

Kid, 12 years old Written bydrama movie fan December 7, 2009

a lovely horse film

this film is just lovely. But the vilonce is a bit intense for a rated G. There's lots of threats through gones, and people try to hurt horses. The theme about a brave horse is awsome but i think this is a little intense for a G i think it should have been PG.

Teen, 14 years old Written byccbluebonnet February 8, 2011

I absolutely love this movie! I can't put into words how magnificent this movie is! I was six when I first watched this and at fourteen, I still love it! It just about makes me cry every single time I watch it. If you haven't seen it, then this is a MUST SEE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

good movie. fave movie about a horse