Kid reviews for Spirited Away

Spirited Away Poster Image

WOW! The only complain I have about this movie is that Chihiro and Haku's relationship was too short and that I wish they had more of this. I loved the story and the scenery of the movie, watched it about 4-5 times already, one of my favorites- Left me wanting more.

1 person found this helpful.

One of Ghibli’s greatest

Surprisingly frightening, but it overall helps in planting the viewer into the unique context of this particular spirit world, where the viewer can easily project themselves onto Chihiro, the protagonist, and feel the same way she feels at the most dramatic of times, which is really helped by the animation. Some scenes may feel like they’re being dragged on a bit too much, but that only ends up helping you appreciate the effort and detail put into every frame of the movie scene! Obviously, the only people who say they don’t like it either haven’t watched it or are just really impatient.

Hayao Miyazaki's best movie has amazing morals

Chihiro and her parents are moving to a small Japanese town in the countryside, much to Chihiro's dismay. On the way to their new home, Chihiro's father makes a wrong turn and drives down a lonely one-lane road which dead-ends in front of a tunnel. Her parents decide to stop the car and explore the area. They go through the tunnel and find an abandoned amusement park on the other side, with its own little town. When her parents see a restaurant with great-smelling food but no staff, they decide to eat and pay later. However, Chihiro refuses to eat and decides to explore the theme park a bit more. She meets a boy named Haku who tells her that Chihiro and her parents are in danger, and they must leave immediately. She runs to the restaurant and finds that her parents have turned into pigs. In addition, the theme park turns out to be a town inhabited by demons, spirits, and evil gods. At the center of the town is a bathhouse where these creatures go to relax. The owner of the bathhouse is the evil witch Yubaba, who is intent on keeping all trespassers as captive workers, including Chihiro. Chihiro must rely on Haku to save her parents in hopes of returning to their world.

This is a very good movie. (Not nearly enough Lin, though)

I LOVE LIN SO MUCH!!!! My only complaints: 1. I feel like we could've explored the bathhouse a bit more. We pass by interesting locations that aren't explored. 2. Not enough Kamachi & Lin. Lin is me on a bad day explaining fandoms to clueless friends. :( 3. I never got really invested in Yu Baba (I do like how her name alludes to Baba Yaga from Russian mythology) Everything else is great. I love this movie.

just amazing

okay, im thirteen and i didnt find this movie "scary" or anything. my brother whos seven years old was pretty scared while watching it and my friend watched it when she was six and was low key kinda traumatized. but i love this movie sooo much. the main character chihiro is so cool, i feel like if i had watched this when i was a little bit younger (like ten) i wouldve looked up to her bc shes so brave and smart and cool! okay now onto the scary stuff to be aware of... *spoiler* her mum and dad get turned into pigs and then they dont remember her. she has to somehow turn them back into humans so thats basically the point of the movie. there's some blood i guess but its really not that bad. some of the characters are kinda mean but chihiro manages to get out okay. its a really good movie so please watch it

I am 10 and my sister is 7 and she was scared. The movie starts fine, but when *SPOILER FROM NOW ON* Chihiro's parents get turned into pigs and don't even REMEMBER her, I knew why my sister was afraid. Chihiro meets a man that has 6 arms (although he is nice) and then meets the witch that owns the place. She steals Chihiro's name and then Chihiro starts forgetting her OWN name, and needs someone to remind her. Also, there's a character that turns into a dragon and starts bleeding like mad. You should keep in mind that there are loads of weird characters. Like that giant taking baby and a monster that starts chasing Chihiro after she gives him food that makes him vomit (on purpose), and this chasing is as fast as the Olympics. Definetly not for kids under 9/10.
I watched this when I was 5 and loved it.

Amazing Movie!

I loved this movie so much but there were a few scary moments that parents should watch out for. But then again I’m probably just a wimp! I loved Chihiro (sorry forgot how to spell it) she was brave and funny! I did have very mixed feelings about no face he was kinda creepy