Parent reviews for Taken

Taken Poster Image

Great Film!

Not really sure why this is an 18, I think if it was made in 2021 it would be a 15 because of the themes, sex trafficking, violence etc but there isn't much violence compared to say Tarantino movies and not really any actual sex/nudity. It's a good story line and my daughter is 11 was hooked from start to finish. She is mature for her age (more like a 14 year old) and was also a good opportunity to talk about human trafficking and drugs, both of which are still happening every day! We both really enjoyed it so I'd say probably 12 upwards (depending on the child's maturity)
1 person found this helpful.

If you want to put your teenage daughter off travelling - let her watch this

If you want to put your teenage daughter off travelling - let her watch this. Don't get me wrong - it's a brilliant, tense and high energy film but it's absolutely not for kids or younger teens because of its dark and intense theme of sex trafficking. As an adult woman it made me feel vulnerable and sick and I'd wait until my daughter was at least 17 to watch it. Of course the dad rescue plot is engaging and makes it a good movie but it's just too dark for younger teens with impressionable minds.

Movie teaches kids about importance of understanding human trafficking and talking to strangers

I watched this with my dad when I was starting first grade. This movie is a lot to take in. It has blood, death, drugs, human trafficking... You name it. But this movie does teach you and CAN teach your kids great life lessons not just about the dangers of travelling, but about strangers, staying calm and understanding that not everyone wants good for you. In this age and era, I highly suggest you make your kid watch this movie as soon as they start being more independent or at least before going out to clubs and with friends. Human trafficking and kidnapping are serious issues and can take place anywhere. It is crucial for kids to learn that from a young age because they will learn quickly and it will stay with them. Sometimes these types of movies should be introduced to children to learn from, no matter the rating.

Disturbing scenes made me really uncomfortable.

Disturbing images of sexy trafficking that I hope I can erase from my sweet home. I don’t want to stick my head in the sand about these issues , but I also don’t want to invite this pernicious evil in as entertainment either. I don’t feel enlightened. I feel less innocent and I hate seeing that precious innocence fall away from my son’s eyes as we tried to ff several scenes. If kids happen on this stuff on their own i hope they remember the take away yucky feeling we all felt while watching some of the scenes. It was just wrong to be so depictive of absolute evil for the sake of a heroic plot.

Suitable for 12*

I have seen this film several times and felt comfortable letting my 12 year old son watch this. It doesn’t have swearing or gore. He really enjoyed it, he loved the action and thought Liam Neilson was very cool.

Liam Neeson agreed to this? Was he high?

You know how sometimes you're in a mood for an action film where the good guys win after some satisfying car chases? Well even if you're in THAT kind of mood, don't let 'Taken' lure you into the trap of wasting two hours of your life on it. The violence in this film is absolutely unnecessary and seems to be there just to satisfy sadists thirsty for blood and gore. And what is it with a father figure always coming to the rescue of a young and pretty daughter figure(a typical damsel in distress), never a son? Incestuous much? Bleargh.

ADULT - Intense movie about girls being sex trafficked

This movie sheds a light on sex trafficking. Unfortunately, they sexually objectify the women in the movie and it completely takes away from the message of saving these young girls from being trafficked.

15+ seems like the right age...

Although the movie may have some iffy scenes involving the dark world of human trafficking, there is no actual sex or nudity in the movie. The violence is very moderate, barely any blood. Language is moderate. Liam Neeson is awesome in this movie. Very good action movie. Would highly recommend.

16+ is more or less precise...

fine movie not great