Kid reviews for Tall Girl

Tall Girl Poster Image

Horrible movie

This movie was really stupid. “I’m a white, blonde, straight, cisgender girl who’s tall. How horrible is that? And my sister is all of those thing but shorter, so she’s perfect! At least she has allergies.” And it’s so predictable. Fun to watch ironically because it sucks so bad.
2 people found this helpful.

THE BEST FILM I HAVE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD SCENE

Brillant Film loved it there is a bit of Sex and one punching scene great film overall.

2 people found this helpful.

Definitely One of the Best Tween/Teen Movies

Being quite tall for my age, this movie was rather inspiring. Jodi, the main character, is a great role model, as she encourages people, particularly kids, tweens, and teens, to be unique and not loose confidence because of what others say. This movie is intended to appeal to teenagers, so there is some suggestive content, mainly kissing, flirting, and mild romance. There is also some language (nothing too intense). At one point, a fight breaks out at a party. All in all, I think this is a great movie for tweens and teens with inspiring role models and messages!

1 person found this helpful.

The movie is great for upcoming teens.

Short Boy

I was disliked the movie. It has overexagerated plot, sends the wrong message, ableist, quite boring, and it's even blander than non flavored cheetos. They make it seem as though being short is the worst thing that can happen to you, and the main character, Jodi is a 6'5 ft tall self-centered person that almost only cares about herself being tall. Nobody cares about how tall everyone gets! Being tall is just based on genetic! And Sean-Sean is like 5'2 ft and he had no issue with it but Jodi calls him short! Especially to very short people in high school. He was in 10th grade! Oh, very short Arzlan the Xantark and very short Shan Yu! Don't bother watching this movie.

I don't understand.

I'm sorry I just can't with this movie. I'm really short, and to me this just comes across as "Oh no, I'm skinny, rich, blonde, pretty, and tall, my life SUCKS" Being insecure is one thing, but does there have to be a full length Netflix film about being a little taller than other people? I would LOVE to be tall, but that's just me. Basically, the premise is pretty dumb, the characters are pretty dumb, and the characters are pretty dumb. I just want to say that, people put in a lot of effort to make this movie, but there are a lot of issues with it, and the whole movie seems kind of pointless.

rlly bad

it had no plot and was frankly stupid. was funny to laugh at tho

Utterly Stupid

This is the worst movie I have ever seen, i'm literally not kidding. 1. No one is bullied about being tall, this would make girls feel worse about themselves if they were tall. 2. This is non-realistic, have you ever heard anyone say hows the weather up there? 3. This was just an excuse to make a movie. Please don't torture yourselves, DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE.

Terrible.

This movie is absolutely terrible. I wanted to see it when it first came out because it blew up everywhere. But when I watched it, I was so disappointed in it that I was trying to distract myself with anything and everything. The “famous” line that says, “You think your life is hard? I’m a high school junior wearing size thirteen Nikes. MENS size thirteen Nikes. Beat that!” Is showing kids with actual problems in their life, that their issue isn’t as important as a shoe size. I hated this movie and was really sad because I saw so much hype around it and it came out like this. Onto the other topics... there is sibling conflict (which I think is perfectly fine, and I actually like characters more if they have conflicts) BUT they fight about things that are so insignificant to one’s life that it’s almost unbelievable. There is also parental conflict. The parents like to choose one kid over the other, which is so toxic. Also, the romance in this movie is cliché, and poorly written. If you want a good show to watch for kids, watch The Owl House or She-Ra. They are so much better than this movie that everyone wasted their time on.
1 person found this helpful.

Don't even bother watching this

Trash trash trash. "YoU tHiNk Ur LiFe Is HaRd, I wEaR sIzE 13 MeNs NiKeS". If you've watched the trailer, that should tell u the rest of the movie is simply trash. It's pretty obvious that in a school setting, not one person in that entire school is extremely tall and everyone else is extremely short. Dumb. This girl lived a lush life. Her family's income was upper middle class, lived in a large house, had a nice supportive family, and friends, and just shut them out because of her height. Then some hot tall guy comes in, and its a dream come true. Some long group makeout scene. And I'm sorry but that sheeny blue jumpsuit at the end and the stilletos was beyond hideous. Who in their right mind would wear that?!!! Trash Trash Trash dont watch it. I wouldn't say it gave off a good message if everything in it was over exaggerated.