Kid reviews for Tangled

Tangled Poster Image

Amazing, though often misinterpreted, movie

Tangled is one of Disney's better modern movies, and I absolutely love it. Also, to the reviewer named Mr. King who called it 'too girly', one, there's no such thing as being 'too girly', two, 'girly' is just a social construct, as pretty songs, beautiful animation, and overall beauty are not inherently tied to one gender, and three, you have a five star review for My Little Pony, which generally fits into the criteria of what some would consider 'girly', so you're clearly not a reputable source and should not be trusted. As for the parents, anyone who says that the movie advocates rebelling against parents is being absolutely insane. Mother Gothel is a kidnapper and gaslighter, not a parent. This movie WILL teach your kids to recognize toxicity, and if you're worried about them disobeying because of this movie, maybe you're more like Gothel than you realize :). Also, adopted families shouldn't worry about feeling like it's a negative portrayal, because adoption is different from KIDNAPPING. Anyway, rant over. The animation, the soundtrack (listen to Kingdom Dance, trust me), and the overall theming of this movie is incredible. It's a modern adaptation of Rapunzel that holds up to this day.

4 people found this helpful.
As a teenager, I watched Tangled and other Disney films just to relive memories of the classics. And watching Tangled again just made me think of a new perspective of the film today rather than when I was younger, it showed an immense character development of all the characters. Like Rapunzel once was timid by her mother then becoming brave enough to stand on her own, Flynn being self-centered and distant to becoming a new person, even Maximus learned to know the person when before he hated them and even the thugs just goes to show to not judge a book by its cover. It showed amazing chemistry between Flynn and Rapunzel especially in the boat scene where you really do feel that love in Flynn's eyes when he was watching Rapunzel. Also showed, to me, the most wicked villain amongst villains that do not need any explanation. Gothel yearned for immortality and beauty, she didn't love Rapunzel at all and it showed during the first part of the movie like the 'teasing' and showed a level of toxicity in a relationship that is a problem in society today and how she immediately took the knife when Rapunzel left, which meant that she will stop at nothing unless she gets it all to herself. The whole movie was a beautiful twist to the original story of Rapunzel and throughout it, it was charming, had a great storyline, very extra and to me, one of the best Disney movies of all time.
2 people found this helpful.
Fantastic princess adventure is fun, with great messages.

1 person found this helpful.

probably my favorite disney movie!

I think TANGLED deserves the hype that Frozen got. To be honest, watching Flynn Rider get stabbed disturbed me a bit as a smol child, so initially I wasn't very taken by this movie. But then I watched it a few years later and quite liked it. I then watched it several more times and I came to this conclusion: I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO SO MUCH. The aesthetic, the fun twists on the original (love that Flynn is a thief instead of a prince), the humor, even. . . the romance. I don't even care that they've known each other for like a day and a half, okay? They're one of the few ships I have and I love them. I repeat: I DIDN'T HATE THE ROMANCE. I, a skeptic who professes disgust at cheesy romantic plotlines everywhere, APPROVED of it. This is VERY SIGNIFICANT. So, um. If you haven't seen this already and you love fairy tales, what are you doing with your life?! Watch it.

L O V E I T!

I am the biggest Tangled fan ever! So I love the movie. The series is also amazing!! I thought it was super fun and one of those movies you can watch again and again. And the music is super catchy. I think this is one of those disney movies where they tried to make it interesting for teenagers but still family friendly. I think they succeeded. It is kind of dark and manipulative. But it is hilarious and heartwarming at the same time. L - O - V - E IT!!

1 person found this helpful.

Fun and Exiting Movie with Great Messages!

I loved this movie but it is kind of a bit violent and scary, but not too much. Overall it's an amazing movie.

An Original Way to Portray and Old Story

I love this movie. The animation is awesome, the music is great, the characters are fun, and the story is well-written. When first came out, my brother was three and he called it "I Have a Dream" for his favorite song in the movie. This certainly is one of Disney's gems.

Fun, kid friendly movie

It's very funny, has great visuals, catchy songs. There is a bit of violence, so I wouldn't recommend it for very young eyes.
1 person found this helpful.

THE BEST DISNEY MOVIE EVER!!!!!

Tangled is great. It is better than Frozen by a landslide. It wouldn't be scary for anyone under five, so long as they are not super sensitive (and so long as they are unfazed by small amounts of blood when Rapunzel looked at Flynn's wound). The is a really bad pick up line from a man whom is clearly drunk. The main characters visit a pub where there is alcohol and Flynn remarks that there is blood in a man's mustache. An axe is thrown twice. One of the characters may seem threatening at first, but then he breaks into a musical number which dissolves any fright at once.

kind of boring, really boring plot, and rapunzels def not my fav princess