Parent reviews for That's My Boy

That's My Boy Poster Image

The worst seen film ever watched

It’s disgusting, and contains no humour for either adults or youths, it shouldn’t even be a thing if you ask me.I prefer watching alone than with a child of your own.

I’m appalled by all of these negative reviews - I LOVE this movie!

Yes, it is somewhat inappropriate however, nothing a 16+ year old hasn’t already heard or seen before (they’ve actually probably heard/seen worse than this movie). As an adult, I find this movie hilarious, yes a bit raunchy, but still cracks me up, nonetheless. All of the bashing on Adam Sandler, though - come on you guys. ITS ADAM SANDLER what do you expect?! This is his form of acting & humor - that’s nothing new.

Completely inappropriate for children - and anyone with a sense of humor as well

This is the worst film I have ever seen in my life. It is astonishingly crass, dull and unfunny. You definitely won't be watching this oversexed romp with your kids, and you won't want to watch it on your own either. I can't remember a single joke that was funny, only the scenes involving strippers, incest, statutory rape, child neglect and when someone ejaculates on a wedding dress. There's no humor given to any of these subjects. Avoid it like the plague!

Classic Dirty Comedy

There came a point in time where it became taboo to make a fun, dirty, crass comedy. Movies like Police Academy, Animal House, and Bachelor Party could not be made in todays PC climate. That's My Boy was Adam Sandler's attempt to resuscitate the dirty comedy genre. Critics hate Sandler because he openly mocks their Social Justice Warrior cause. I thought this movie was fun, funny, and highly entertaining. Long live Mr Sandler.

That's my boy

I think its a very raunchily but very funny movie! But not meant for the easily offended!

Appeals to the lowest common denominator of humanity

Basically nothing more than a tasteless, college-humor (more like adolescent humor) comedy. There are certainly enough non-intellectuals in America to get a kick out of making jokes about statutory rape, pedophilia, incest, and whatever other unnecessary things one can put in a movie to make it..."edgy"? I could never understand the appeal, but then I guess I've matured beyond 5th grade. Would recommend if you're one of those people who hears a story about a woman raping a 12 year old and thinks "lucky boy". Would not recommend to children or adults with even half the brain cells of a decent human being.

If you don't like raunchy, don't watch this movie!

Picked this up from Redbox, since we like most of AS's movies. I guess I missed the funniest part after I left the room (hubby said there was actually a plot) since I got tired of the sexual jokes aimed at 13 y/o boys. Really raunchy movie!

Extremely crude and shamelessly hilarious Sandler comedy is a guilty pleasure

Sean Ander's That's My Boy is one of those comedies that only comes around every once and a while. Now, at first, I am sure that that previous sentence that you just read doesn't make a lick of sense, does it? Well, let me elaborate: While raunchy comedies like That's My Boy come out far too often, and are often about as raunchy as this one just so happens to be (and it is very raunchy), That's My Boy was utterly panned by critics, but that did not surprise me, for the obvious reasons, of course. Now, everyone seemed to hate this movie, and nobody found it funny, because it is juvenile, childish and extremely stupid. Well, yes. Yes, it is. It is most certainly all three of those things...and more. but, let me elebroate just a little further, yet, and say that, That's My Boy catered to the childish schoolboy in me. I laughed at nearly ever poorly constructed, embarassingly crude stereotype, anaylization, joke and reference that is on display, here. Thats; right. I laughed at every single flatulence, ejaculate, masturbation and incest joke that was on display, courtesy of Adam Sandler, probably at his crudest and most foul-mouthed, yet. Despite the fact that his movies are consequently getting worse and worse as they continue to be released into the masses, Adam Sandler actually sort of won me over with his shamelessly vulgar antics, and, not to mention, his character of Donny, who, when he was in junior high school, he began a torrid and completely and cheerfully innapropriate student-teacher relationship with his teacher. Now, years later, when he is threatened with a mountain of unpayed taxes and even some possible jailtime, he must round up his crudely named (you'll get it when you see it) son (the ever creative Andy Samburg), in order to possibly reconcile with him, all the while, ruining his son's wedding service in the proccess. Now, just in case you still don't get why I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and laughed so very, very hard, it is also mainly in the power of the cast, and it's obsession with putting them in some of the most rediculous and stupid situations you could possibly imagine Honestly, this movie is so disgusting and so unbelievebly low-brow, that, considering that I just so happen to be a fan of that kind of humor, I just couldn't help but enjoy it from beginning to end. So much so, that is, that I even gve this film two more viewings after my first. Now, finally, the cast is excellent, even for a raunchy comedy such as this, with people such as the already mentioned Adam Sandler and Andy Samburg, but, with others such as Leighton Meester, James Caan, Susan Surandon and Vanilla Ice, doing some of the best post "Ice, Ice Baby" work that he has done since. Now, this movie is Rated R, but that is a complete understatement. This is one of those R Rated films that really, really should not be seen by anybody under 18, but, I am sure that many people under that age, primarily teenagers which this movie admittedly does cater to, have seen it, but, nonetheless, here we go: That's my Boy has an-all-out barrage of abslutely non-stop Strong crude and sexual content, making it one of the raunchiest comedies in recent memory. The many situations used for comedy include but are not limited too, masturbating to a picture of an elderly woman, sex with that same elderly woman, shots of semen-covered tissues after masturbation, sex between a teacher and a 13 year-old student, sex between a brother and a sister, repeated shots of a wild night at a strip club which include multiple bare breasts, several implied shots of oral sex, and even more so, not to mention, the constant explicit crude dialoge and jokes, as well, to top it all off. Also, there is rampant drug use, including several scenes of repeated pot use, constant drinking, with Sandler's character opening a can of light beer in virtually every scene, and implied drunkeness. And, finally, That's My Boy wouldn't be complete without an exhaustive vocabulary of profanity, which includes, but, again, is not limited to, about 198 F-words and its derivatives, with many uses of other words including sh-t, d-mn, d-ck, c-ck, b-lls, j-zz, cr-p, h-ll, a--h-le, you suck and more. So, with all of that being said, that's My Boy is a shamelessly cheerful raunchy comedy that made me laugh, a lot. Even if it isn't as good as some other raunchy comedies that have also come out this year, with Seth Mcfarlane's feature length debute of Ted being one of the funniest movies I have literally ever seen...That's My boy still makes for a rediculously trashy good time. Reccomended.

People with cavemen's brain

This movie was out for father's day.Yeaaa.it had many languages and sexual refrences,but this movie is comedy,and the point of this movie is for father and son's time.It is NOT!!!!!! NESSESCARY FOR YOU PEOPLE OR MOVIE RATER TO RATE THIS MOVIE R OR 16 OR OLDER!! THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE RATED OR 13 OR OLDER!!!!

An Okay Movie for adults

I like Adam Sandler. Going into this, you've got to understand that this is an Adam Sandler movie. It is not at all surprising for him. I mean, some of the jokes were absolutely uncalled for, but the movie on the whole was so outrageous, it was unreal. It was funny. Very raunchy though. Not for the uptight. It's a stupid storyline, but it passes. I wouldn't even say this movie was particularly good, but I don't think it was a waste of money or anything.