Kid reviews for The 6th Day

The 6th Day Poster Image

GREAT SCI-FI MOVIE

Really good.

A clichéd sci-fi thriller involved in humor touches by Arnold Schwarzenegger

In an Utopian nearly future , cloning is a habitual exercise, fish, dogs,animals and food can be cloned, but no human genre, being illegal and pursued. When Adam Gibson(Arnold Schwarzenegger, also producer) goes to home after his job as helicopters pilot along with his friend Hank(Michael Rapaport) he encounters a clone has replaced him.Then he's chased by a murderers group(Michael Rooker, Sara Wynter, Terry Crews). He flees and must to solve the weird happenings from the creator of the clones, Michael Drucken(Tony Goldwyn), whose experiments is working Dr. Griffin(Robert Duvall). This is a gripping sci-fi story plenty of action, thrills, suspense,tension, plot-twists and quite entertaining. It's a clichéd thriller with noisy and agreeable fun . It builds gradually with an interesting premise leading an impressive and breathtaking highlights, thanks to involving plot is interesting enough to keep the movie going on. Action set pieces are well made and amusingly mixed with humor, the picture delivers just what we have come expecting.It's one of the best of those years generally inappropriate crop of blockbusters, but this one contains lots of action and enjoyable humor. A sympathetic and as corpulent as always, Arnold Schwarzenegger as the good father of family plunged into a sinister scenery he tries to find out but doesn't understand. Adequate musical score fitting perfectly to action by Trevor Rabin and colorful cinematography by Pierre Mignot.The motion picture is acceptably directed by Robert Spottiswoode. He's a successful director from TV movies and cinema, as terror genre(Terror train), adventures(Air America,Shoot to kill),drama(Children of Hang Shi), James Bond film(Tomorrow never dies), and his best movie is ¨Under fire¨.Rating: Passable and good fun film. The pic will like to California governor's fans.

Really?

I watched this movie 2 years ago, and I personally really liked it. It's a super interesting interpretation of the effects of cloning on a society, and I'm not really sure I understand how it was rated 15+. There was a use of the "F-word", and there is a sexualized holographic girl, but... other than that? As a 12-year-old watching this movie, I did not find the violence excessive, and I don't understand how this can get the same age rating as movies with frequent swearing and heavily sexual scenarios. Also, smoking cigars is not an instance that should earn 3 stars on the smoking/drinking scale. CSM age rating aside, I think this was a well-done movie that explored all the consequences, positive and negative, that cloning would have on a society (while still being entertaining and visually interesting). If the morality of human and animal cloning is interesting to you, I would definitely recommend this movie, although I can see how it would be confusing or slightly too violent to younger children. I would rate this about 12+.

Alright

Its okay, but confusing, setting stays in one place, violence, langauge, and some sexual content. Though not very entertaining, just tell you pre-teens not to pay attention to the holographic slut women, and they will be fine.

Great concept, meh delivery

As promising as Arnie meeting a clone of himself sounds, the movie gets quite confusing by the end, and is more Hollywood than true sci-fi. But the effects are well done, and Tony Goldwyn makes for a sleekly evil villain.

An O.K Movie

I think this movie is just O.K. It's too confusing. There's some cool scenes, but some are disturbing. There's TONS of lasergun fights, so much that I got tired of it. There's some sex and language too. But the main character's a good role model, and it teaches a good message. The scene where a realistic doll gets her head blown off isn't tense, it's funny! The doll said ''Cindy got a boo boo!''