Kid reviews for The Adventures of Milo and Otis

The Adventures of Milo and Otis Poster Image

amazing movie... apart from the abuse that went on.

i watched this back when i was 7, i didnt realize all the animal abuse that went on. amazing movie though.

amazing movie... apart from the abuse that went on.

Dad bebe

Das movie great and awesome

Just don’t ever watch this movie

This movie… it’s just so awful, don’t watch it, so many animals died.

Great Movie! - Disclaimer at the End of Article

As one of my biggest childhood movies, this movie has a special place in my heart. So much so, that I have four VHS tapes of the movie and are looking for more. Acting-speaking, this movie hasn't much to speak of, only Dudley Moore's great narration and animal instinct. There isn't a single human in this movie, although it seems like there would be plenty of room for humans. This is part of the charm of the movie. In terms of action and peril, there is plenty of it in this movie, whether it be Milo's crate odyssey or cliff jump; or Otis's bear fight. However, there is no gun violence, no cussing, nothing of that 'violence' sense. Without Dudley Moore, this could be seen as a documentary - and that concept makes very good sense. And it's ideal time-wise for anybody - a worthwhile 76 minutes, roughly 1/3 the length of Gone with the Wind. In the critical phase, I would recommend this movie to anybody, animal lover or not - it's perfect for younger children. Unfortunately, this movie has seen some of the worst scrutiny since Heaven's Gate (1980) in terms of animal treatment. In the world of animals, there are no stunt doubles - the perilous feats of the animals are all real. However, there is no certain evidence that this was done in an abusive manner in this film. We may never know what they did to the animals in this movie. if you are sensitive about animal treatment, you may not like this movie; but there is no evidence to prove any of the abuse alleged in the movie actually happened.

I loved this when I was younger

This is good teaches friendship and how to be a good friend but there is a bear and milo gets pinched by a crab but otherwise this is good

A classic

I watched this the other week, as it had been a while, the narrator is so funny, and while this is older, I enjoyed it but its definitely targeted at younger audiences. This I can tell was also a UK movie. Unsure but we might have this a DVD. The music.. very catchy. For younger kids say 10 and under would totally like it, older kids and teens may or may not. You have to have a certain tolerance to watch these cute older movies. EDIT: I would like to point out that after reading reviews on here, yes I agree, this animal endangerment here is CRAZY. I kinda noticed that when I watched it and I'm like poor cat...Absolutely terrible what happened and in one scene, you don't see any crew but it looks like the cat was thrown off the cliff into the water. I still like it, but I hate the animal abuse that was clearly in this movie.

Great movie, but beware of animal abuse

What an adorable little movie. It's sweet and simple. Except: the animal actors in this movie had to be put through some crazy stuff to make this movie - falling off cliffs, floating down a river, slipping down a waterfall, confronting bears - it's bittersweet to watch because it's so cute but the animals could've gotten hurt. This movie could never be made today. Watch it, because it's a beautiful and hilarious movie, but be prepared. There's some fighting in the movie but there's no blood and nobody gets hurt. The only time theres blood is when Joyce and Sandra's babies are born - it shows them in labor and then giving birth. Sensitive kids might want to close their eyes for this part, It shows a kitten and a puppy sliding out of their moms. But it happens so quickly it might not bother them. Overall, we loved this movie. It made us laugh so hard. It was beautiful and amazing to watch. I say try it. Just see what you think. This movie was actualy really good.

Animal abuse

I loved this movie when I was little. But a couple years ago I heard that they abused animals in this movie. So I rewatched this movie, and boy it was not the same. I never really noticed that the cat and dog were being thrown off cliffs, tossed down a waterfall, fed by a bear or starving on the ocean :’( MADE ME SO ANGRY. MADE ME WANNA PUNCH THE FILM MAKER IN THE FACE. Hopefully the people who made this movie got arrested. So heartbreaking.

Columbia Pictures Version

The version from Columbia Pictures is appropriate for kids. But, the original Japanese version is not because children might not understand Japanese, and there are violent scenes cut from the Columbia Pictures version. So, Columbia Pictures' version is fine. The Japanese's version is meant for teenagers. The "too much violent content" refers to the Japanese version, _not_ the Columbia Pictures' version.