All teen and kid member reviews for The Avengers

Teen, 13 years old Written byboomboom554 May 13, 2012

WICKED!!!!!!

I thought this movie was as good as avatar! epic battle scenes and did not linger on any specific character. AWESOME

Teen, 15 years old Written byEmpfire October 17, 2012

Just a lil better then I expected but not much

VIOLENCE: Alot of "glass breaking" violence and some epic battles. Not much blood and no gore.
SEX: Brief mildly crude comments meant to be funny
LANGUAGE: Not much

Teen, 16 years old Written byGoodActionMovieFan7 August 4, 2012

Movie reviews from a teenager: Marvel's The Avengers

I've seen this movie 5 times and every time it never ceases to entertain me. The Avengers is filled with excellent action sequences, witty, laugh-out-loud humor, and positive role models. The only negative content this movie contains that I would like to point out for parents is listed in the following:

Language: There are a few uses of the cuss word a**, one use of the phrase son of a b****, and the rest is limited to a few uses of 'da**' and 'hell'. The rest of the movie is relatively cuss word free.

Violence: This is a superhero movie, so a lot of violence is expected and is delivered in this film. There are many sequences of the heroes fighting and blasting the bad guys, all of which isn't gory or bloody. There is one sequence where a character is killed by the main villain by being stabbed through the back with a spear. Some blood is shown. There is another scene where the villain kills multiple people by blasting and stabbing them with his weapon.

Positive role models: This movie is full of positive role models. They're superheroes for goodness-sake! From Captain America's philosophy of protecting others and doing what has to be done, to Thor's courage and determination to never give up, these are just some of the few role models that I believe need to influence the minds of our generation.

Positive messages: 'The Avengers' imposes many positive messages throughout the film. A few messages are 'having the courage to fight for what's right', 'sacrificing for the good of others', and 'working together despite each others differences'. These are just a few of the positive messages this film offers that I believe are a good influence on this generation.

Overall I'd give 'The Avengers' five stars. It's a good movie, and it's worth taking the family to see it. I would recommend that ages 11 and up would be appropriate for this movie, but it depends on your kid.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 27, 2012

One of the best Marvel's had to offer!

Though admittedly talky in its first hour, "The Avengers" assembles some of cinema's finest talents (especially the best Hulk yet, Mark Ruffalo) actors that turn out an excellent superhero film, and a great film in general. It has some of the great, campy superhero banter we love, and then adds some serious stuff too. Overall a great way to prepare for the summer season!

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 May 4, 2012

Extreme violent comic book based adventure

Non-stop action violence makes this off for young kids. It is a great movie, lots of jokes too, but extremely violent.

Kid, 12 years old Written bymattp May 4, 2012

Flawed, but with all the Avengers together, this movie is unstoppable.

To say the least, this movie is amazing. In fact, it's quite like the Avengers. While it certainly isn't perfect and is quite a mish-mosh of different flavored heroes (which also makes it harder to get a good story arc for each character), in the end, it's more good than it is bad.
As for content, I'd say the only thing you really have to worry about is violence. Some tight fitting outfits are shown, and Bruce is naked (mostly covered though) at one point, but that's really not a big deal. In fact, there's barely any romance in the entire movie, apart from some weird and pointless chemistry between Natasha and Hawkeye. One thing CSM didn't mention that might bother some children is when Loki sticks a knife-y pointy thing in someone's face, and the guy screams, and it kind of looks like he's downloading his eyeball into Hawkeye's invention. It's not completely clear, but you can tell something unpleasant is going down from the man's screams.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjojoa1219 May 4, 2012

Avengers

I love this movie! I never saw a Marvel movie before this one,but had friends who clued me in. A must see for even non-Marvel fans.

Kid, 12 years old Written byChrono7 December 20, 2012

Fun & Fantastic

The Avengers -
This movie went through fast, even though it's almost two and a half hours. The violence, isn't really that bad. It is fast-paced, but the worst thing that I can remember is Loki using some instrument to pluck someone's eyeball out (not shown). While that may be too much for a few kids, it is a very short scene and doesn't show any of it.
This is a fantastic movie that I think anyone 11+ could see, and while the violence continues, there are plenty of funny/stress relieving moments in it, and I believe your kid will enjoy it, if you let him enjoy it.
The worst language is d-mn, h-ll, and a-s. While the movie does have somewhat of a slow beginning, it picks up, and you find yourself enjoying yourself more and more.

Teen, 14 years old Written byprincesslily September 27, 2012

avengers

i really like it it's full of action! it also really shows how teamwork is important
i would recommend it to all my friends, i would not let kids under 11 watch it because it has intense violence, swearing, and "kissing"

Kid, 8 years old September 16, 2012

Great Movie

amazing.but there were REALLY freaky aliens,and a bunch of violence,but awesome.best movie ever.the worst part was when Loki stabs a man and he bleeds to death...whatevs :P.amazing action.and some parts were really funny.must see for 10+

Kid, 7 years old July 5, 2012

awesome movie

it was pretty violent, but it was still really good even for kids

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews July 1, 2012

Marvel's The Avengers

Really good but not perfect comic book movie is no Dark Knight but still good

Teen, 13 years old Written byLegoGamer123 May 29, 2012

The Best Movie Ever!!!!

It is the best Marvel movie yet! If you haven't seen it yet, you need to see it! It has a great story, great characters, great acting, great effects, and an amazing script that makes the movie hilarious without over doing the comedy unlike Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen which had way too much comedy.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybasketball#11 May 12, 2012

Best Movie Of This Year

this movie was really good, if there was any bad language i did not notice. it sent a good message about teamwork. i loved all the characters and they are all positive role models for kids! No sexual related topics. this movie was only fighting and teamwork with a great story line! i was impressed :)

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2012

avengers

Teen, 14 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate May 10, 2012

Go See It!

This movie was amazing.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 19, 2013

Best superhero movie ever!!!!!!

This is a combonation of action/adventure and comedy. My favorite funny scene: "You did scare the hell out of some pidgeons, though. When you fell, you were all big and green and buck-ass nude" (scene when Bruce Banner was naked). I even posted a parody of this movie to YouTube titled "The Avengers' Thanksgiving". I think this knock out of the park will amuse kids of any age who LOVE superhero movies.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMarauders December 31, 2012

What Happens?

Nick Furry (Samuel L. Jackson) brings forth the world's strongest heroes to fight Loci (Tom Hiddleston) when he uses the Tesseract to release aliens to become king of earth

Teen, 13 years old Written bycookiechikki November 16, 2012

Action and Quotes for the Win!

This film got me hooked on everything Marvel. The whole way through it shows a variety of teamwork skills, but mostly consists of constant action that will have you on edge the entire time. For me, a good movie must consist of many funny quotes and this movie is chock full of them. my favorite is, without question: "There is only one God ma'am, and he certainly doesn't dress like that." - Captain America.

Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag October 26, 2012

Explosive action in entertaining superhero movie!

"The Avengers" is an adaption of the Marvel comics starring Robert Downey Junior, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans and many more.
"The Avengers" was one of the year's most anticipated movies, bringing together the worlds of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America.
Every comic book fan will be pleased. Beimng well-made in action scenes and special effects, The Avengers has everything that a good superhero movie has. The dialogues the characters of Bruce Banner, Thor, Tony Stark and Captain America are witty and fascinating - especially when Thor, who comes from another world starts talking about animals that don't exist on this planet as if they were part of everyday life.
At some parts this movie feels like a fan fiction, where the worlds and characters from the writer's favourite comics/movies are crossing over.
But with all the entertainment and archievement in action and dialogues, the movie lacks something very important: a creative plot.
It is the usual story, a mad villain wants to take over the world. Just this time not one, but four superheros try to stop him.
While nowaday's superhero movies like "The Dark Knight" (even though Batman techniqually isn't a superhero, he also tries to protect the innocent and fight criminals) always come up with an original idea or superb actors, this movie does not cope up with movies like "X-Men" or "Batman Begins".
Also, Robert Downey Jr. is the only actor who actually has a positively outstanding performance (he was already nominated for 2 Oscars at that time), while all the others act just fine - but not very brilliant. Chris Evans still seems like the "arrogant popular jock" he played back in 2001's "Not another Teen Movie", being the low point of this movie.
All in all, it is an entertaining and well-made Hollywood blockbuster featuring witty dialogues, four strong protagonists and a lot of action!
(SPOILERS may follow:)
If you have seen other superhero movies like "X-Men" or "Spiderman" you will know what to expect:
A lot of action, explosions, villains threatening the world and spectacular scenes of mass destruction. None of this in done in detail. One character gets stabbed through the back with a spear (not too graphic, but somehat pushing a PG rating) and another character implyingly getting his eye gougled out (this scene sounds more graphic than it is, we don't see the charcters head during this scene, it is not too disturbing, and then we see that a hologram of the eye appears somewhere else).
The strongest moments of violence are off-screen or implied.
And it is clear that the good will win against the bad.
There is frequent use of PG-level language, except for the use of "son of a b****h", but the language is infrequent.
(END OF SPOILERS)
If they are known to superhero movies, tweens and up can handle this.