Kid reviews for The Aviator

The Aviator Poster Image

This is by far my favorite movie to see Leonardo DiCaprio in. Really liked the setting. But I didn’t really like that it showed woman didn’t have any power

M A S T E R P I E C E

A true masterpiece, with some mature content. The movie was very mature and had some very disturbing scenes that were not noted in CSM. One scene when Howard is going mentally crazy he is naked and is shown urinating into mason jars. Very interesting how much he changed the world but also quite disturbing at parts.

Pg- 13?

This movie should be rated 15. It had too much language and it even had the F word that you can clearly hear. The main character has made a plane and is doing a test flight but the plane crashes and he is stuck in the cockpit. His leg is stuck and he pulls it free but you can hear that he broke his leg in the progress. He tries to open the cockpit with his hands but the plane is on fire and he burns his hands. He eventually opens the cockpit with his head and climbs out but then there is a mini explosion and half his body is set on fire. Someone runs towards him and puts out the fire. Later on when the character is in hospital the doctor is telling someone about all his injuries. this movie also has a lot of sexy stuff that would not be appropriate for people under 13. Howard has a girlfriend who leaves him and he burns all his clothes including the clothes he is wearing and the camera shoes him from behind. Near the end of the movie howard is going mad and is in his office naked talking to himself. I am surprised this movie is a 12.

Nice movie.

The actors are awesome! The movie was really good. Yes, in my opinion I think thirteen and up. It's based on a true story, which makes it even better. The story is interesting and worth watching. If you don't like it, you gain more than you lose. If you look at which years the story takes place, you can see why the main character is the way he is, and how it has to do with his past. I recommend watching. Reviewed by Cool Kidz.

Great film on Howard Hughes

Scorsese and DiCaprio shine in this great film.

Martin Scorsese does it again!

This is a great film but it has its iffy bits. There is a very violent scene were a plane crashes into a neighborhood ripping of tops of houses and exploding. The pilot is shown with tons of blood on his chest and face later he burns himself accidentally and is shown on fire. This was a very very gruesome scene and I don't recommend you show it to younger kids. There is one sex scene also with no nudity though and plenty of strong language such as f**k, s**t, g*ddamn, pr*ck, t*ts, a*s, son of a b*tch and many others. Although this film is iffy like many Scorseses' it is a classic and tells the true story of Howard Hughes.

Good movie with great acting and perfect special effects

Everyone automatically assumes that all Martin Scorcese films are very inapropriate and very mature, but this one doesn't actually have much violence (there is one plane crash, but it's a quick scene), there is a bit of graphics after the plane crash, but that scene isn't scarring or anything and it comes and goes. There is implied sex, but nothing much is shown. The Aviator shows Howard Hughes descent into madness, so obviously it isn't a light, feel-good movie. It, obviously, is dark, but other than that it is in no way innapropriate. That makes it seem worse than it is, but it is a great movie about what happened behind the public's view. It really was a great movie, and if you feel uncomfortable watching any of the scenes with your children, just skip the scene!

Wonderful biopic, but emotionally intense

This is a very good film, and I'd argue that it is one of Leonardo DiCaprio's best performances. This film is about the American business magnate, investor, record-setting pilot, engineer, film director, and philanthropist Howard Hughes, known for his controversial films such as Hell's Angels. This film explores important events in Hughes' life, some relating to his deteriorating mental health, and worsening OCD and anxiety. This film is one of few that actually feature a fairly accurate portrayal of OCD, which result in some emotionally intense scenes that I believe would be "too much" for people under the age of 15. We see Hughes having multiple anxiety attacks, and his mental health deteriorating, culminating in him locking himself in a screening room for months on end, where he remains nude with long, messy hair and fingernails, repeating the same phrases over and over again. This scene could potentially be disturbing to younger viewers. There is also a violent plane crash in which Hughes nearly dies, which could also potentially be too scary for younger viewers. Overall, I think this film is definitely worth watching, and is a great collaboration between director Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, and I think that if you have not seen it, you are missing out, however I would not advise watching it if you struggle with anxiety or OCD because it could be triggering, or if you are under the age of 15, in which case you might not be able to enjoy or appreciate this film as much as you could in a couple of years.

TERRIBLE

DiCaprio is AMAZING, but this has got to be his new low. Very mature, uninteresting, women are seen as weak, etc.