Parent reviews for The Big Lebowski

The Big Lebowski Poster Image

Really funny.

Rated R16, TV-MA

1 person found this helpful.

Disjointed, but with exceptional performances and writing

The Big Lebowski contains memorable and exceptional performances from its cast (especially Jeff Bridges and John Goodman), with excellent self-aware dialogue to go along with it. My main issue is that the film feels like a combination of isolated disjointed sequences haphazardly glued together... Although that was probably the intention all along. Maybe stoner films just aren't my thing. All that being said, this is a good film!

This "tied" VERY Smart Comedy "together".

I, TRULY, can't think of a Better Comedy for My Tastes. If the Star Rating had higher increments, I'd give it those too... 'By calling it "A Must See Movie" would only insult the blind

The Dude Abides

Not a kids film at all. It’s an absurdist take on life in L.A. where The Dude, played by Jeff Bridges, goes on a wild goose chase through L.A. to try and find a missing girl who kidnapped herself. It takes a few times watching this film to pick up on the nihilistic undertones, and details about conformity. How one man can live his life abiding to his own set of rules. There’s a lot you can learn about life from watching this film that this movie has borrowed from life and tv. In a sense, life and tv have borrowed from this movie to. It all sort of comes together full circle at the end. An interesting watch if your into that sort of thing. You never really know what to take away from it.

The Big Lebowski

I have this on DVD it is funny but not for kids

One of my favorite movies, though I understand it’s an extremely acquired taste. It’s funny how many people think this is “for adults only”, because teenagers will love this. There’s two instances of brief nudity from a distance, comic violence, recreational pot smoking and a ton of language, but it’s never extreme and it fits the atmosphere perfectly. The film’s hilarious and I highly recommend it.

It gave me headaches hearing the F bombs

I thought I could handle watching this movie, but I was wrong. Mostly everybody's mouths need to be washed with soap. I'm getting headaches from hearing the constant F's. Nothing to me makes sense.

Good if your children aren't sinners.

My 14 year old son had a party with 5 other people. For the movie, he decided on the Big Lebowski. I was skeptical at first, but they had all seen much worse before. They had a blast, and if your kids can handle Hunger Games, then they will have a jolly ol' time.