Kid reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Poster Image

Showing this in schools is embarassing

A lot of schools show this, which I have a problem with, not because the film is too violent, it's disturbing but there's no gore, sex or swearing AT ALL. It's because the film is completely historically innacurate and will give children the wrong impression of this real life, horrible tragedy.

Just why

Why are the parents saying it's like 16-18+ it makes no sense it's just a movie about the holocaust but it has no blood or gore so it makes no sense

Shoking and terrifying

MAJOR SPOILERS! First off, holy moly that ending was a shoker, Bruno and his friend getting suffocated in the gas chamber and the mom screaming like she was about to die... and then the end credits. I didint have time to think bacause i was just in shock. What made it even sadder is that the boys had no idea what was going on. One of the soldiers is a pedophile and shows the 12 year old sister rubbing him. But its not portrayed graphically. There is another unexpected sad scene where one of the gews spills wine and the soldier beats him to death "off screen but we do hear screaming". There is an F word but everyone has heard the F word before so its ok. I like this movie but it is sad and shoking.

It’s a really good movie. My teacher showed it to me when I was 8 and it frightened me. I recommend that you show this film to 12 plus. I felt like the ending was a bit rushed but I like the goosebumps it gave me. Some parts in the German house dragged on forever. I didn’t like the extreme violence of the Jewish man. I also thought that Smael should have got caught before the kid managed to climb under the gate. And how the fence did not get him is beyond me. Also why did the other Jew prisoners not report that the kid was coming under. It was very predictable towards the end. I didn’t like Gretel’s love for Hitler and she was soo aware of the people around her being killed. I liked how dark the film was. Not suitable for younger kids.

Well that was something...

Well um.... Where to start. The first time I watched this film I was 11 years old. I wasn't a Holocaust expert but I knew enough to watch it. I watched this movie in two parts. (I went to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in the middle). I remember Bruno had just went under the fence and I saw there was about 5 minutes left and I was like that's not enough time to wrap up this story. It turns out it was but definitely not the way I expected. Everyone should watch this film at least once because everything is less shocking the second time and it loses its effect.

Awesome movie

I loved this movie, I don’t think it should be reviewed as 14+. It’s not as violet as other WW2 movies. There are a few violent scenes, like Nazis beating Jews, and the ending is VERY SAD. But other than that it’s not to violent. I rate this movie 12+. Kids need to know what happened in the holocaust, but parents think it’s “to violent”. Well if you a parent that thinks it to violent, then please LET YOU KIDS WATCH IT, YOU NOY HELPING THEM BY CENSORING HISTORY AND ONLY LETTING THEN WATCH THE GOOD PARTS, THEY ARE GOING TO GROW UP THINKING THAT THE WORLD HAS ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT!!!!

Beautiful movie with very upsetting ending

This movie was real and raw. It is about an eight year old German boy who becomes friends with a Jewish boy over the fence in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. This movie is extremely sad, I left the room at the end. But it is beautifully made and important to show people about the true and horrible things that happened in the Holocaust. One thing I liked about the movie is that it showed the point of view of a German family during the war, I read lots of books with Jewish families points of view but I found it very interesting.

Amazing film, for older kids and adults

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is based on historically important information about WW2, but it can be a difficult view for any age. Objectionable content includes: - War violence, including one very upsetting death scene - ‘Jew’ frequently used as a derogatory and discriminatory term - References to people being killed, often for religious reasons - A tutor promotes and recites hate speech - Religious violence directed towards Jewish people I think this film is suitable for 12 year olds and up, as exposure to this kind of content can help young people to mature and develop. Official rating: Bbfc 12 My rating: Bbfc 12 (war violence, religious language and upsetting scenes)