Kid reviews for The Butterfly Effect

The Butterfly Effect Poster Image

Kids need to learn

I think kids need to learn how awful things can be

A Really Dark Watch

This is a movie that has grown on me more and more with each watch. When I first saw it I thought it was the most sadistic, dark, and morally offensive movie of all time. Looking back, the ending, the confusing timeline, the action, it all adds up to create a pretty cool movie thats worth checking out. There is a lot of dark subject matter, violence, swearing, and overall just a dark edgy tone to it so it is definitely not for kids.

Possible good plot.......destroyed!

It's a pity, I still ask me how is it possible to waste such a brilliant idea. From the beginning, the plot catch you, it seems twisted (it is), but easy to understand, and it is effective. Going on it fall into the banality, always worse going to the end. It seems like they had this starting idea, but they were not able to evolve it for the rest of the movie, so it remain as an embryo. It become obvious and often pathetic. The only message escapes is the classic and obvious:"if you want to change the future it could be worse". Another problem: actors! Incredibly not able to act, Kutcher (I don't know if famous in the States) is not "strong" enough to have such a responsibility, Amy Smart is beauty, but just that, Melora Walters is always crying, very far from the good interpretations with P.T.Andersson. Somebody compare it to "Donnie Darko". No way! Another World!

really good with some sex

It is REALLY GOOD, but there is some sex. i watched it when i was 10 and it was really good. so if you can handle sex, then i highly recommend it.

Common Sense Media is clearly biased.

I think this is a great film. Everything that Common Sense Media says about it is only their opinion.

Psychological, and Dark

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT contains bloody, violent scenes, strong language, moderate sex and strong nudity. Parents should be cautioned about the disturbing adult themes.

Fantastic movie

Common Sense, you should work on your opening comments when dissing a fantastic movie. This movie was amazing, even though it was incredibly hard to watch, and is very disturbing. This movie had full frontal and breast nudity, sexual content, and comments. Several uses of the F-bomb, and scattered other uses. This movie also has animal abuse, pedophilia, disturbing violence, and a guy almost performs oral sex on another. All in all though, for MATURE teens, this is a fantastic movie, and defintitely advisable for those who have a strong stomach

R for violence, disturbing images, sexuality, language and some drug content

The best... movie... ever... made!!!!!

Did Nell Minow, one of the most respected CSM writers of all time, just give this film one star? Did she seriously write "Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. So very bad" as the review title? Did she seriously call it "inept and pretentious twaddle"? Did she? Did she? Nope. Nope. Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope. Does not compute. Does not compute. Does not compute does not compute DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE YOU WILL DIE YOU WILL DIE YOU WILL DIE YOU WILL DIE YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie is the deepest, most intriguing, interesting, breathtakingly EXCELLENT movie ever made! How could a human being say such a thing about such a movie? How? How? How? How? How? How? How? How? HOW????? This is my all-time favorite movie, period. It's just one of those perfect movies. Aside from a few cheesy performances in the beginning, there's just nothing wrong with it. Every nook and cranny is perfectly put in place. There are tons of questions left unanswered that keep you hungry for more, and that is just the way it ought to be. If you answer too many questions, it will appear too superficial. But this leaves some of the more extreme questions out, so that it's not too impossible to believe. I'm not a particularly religious person, so you'd expect me to consider it kind of sugary, but I don't think it's a religious movie, I think it's just a psychological film that can appeal to anyone of any beliefs. It really made me see some of the world in a different way, in both a better way and in a worse way. I think all psychological thrillers are supposed to do that, and I've seen my fair share of psychological thrillers (The Box, The Mothman Prophecies, Dream House, etc.), but this one had the most impact on me. It's dark, it's edgy, it's thoughtful, it's gruesome, it's unrelenting, it's my all-time favorite movie.

Disturbed, but still good.

When I saw this movie, it blew me away. It's very disturbing and not for kids, but it is an excellent movie. As you watch it, it really makes you think about your own life. Adults, I say you go out and watch this movie, just make sure there isn't any kids watching it with you.