All parent member reviews for The Elf on the Shelf: An Elf's Story

Parent Written bybumpers November 27, 2011

elf in show says there is no santa

this is a good show but beware the first part of the movie. Santa says to the elf wow you have a big job to do this person does not believe in santa anymore.
I realize there are a lot of shows that say it but why put the question in their mind. Just say he lost the spirit or magic. We all know what that means.
later in the show the elf comes back saying he's sad he still has a lot of work to do and feels he's disappointing santa because the child still doesnt believe. in the end the child ends up believing. But like i said saying the words is very direct.

Parent Written byp1xelpush3r June 7, 2012

Mind numbing & terrible

I can't believe this infomercial is even allowed to exist to educate our kids on how to be materialistic. There isn't a single original or interesting or clever idea in this movie and to compare it to Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer is pure malarkey. This is a driveling, obnoxious, sad excuse for a cartoon that holds no educational or moral value to benefit the future. There is no depth, no layer of subtlety, and boring simplistic design. It is simply a long commercial. My 4 year old was uninterested and forgot about it 2 minutes later. Skip this one - you'll thank me.

Parent of a 1, 5, 7, and 7 year old Written byFowlerFan November 23, 2013

Nauseating

There are a lot of good Christmas shows out there ... the classics such as Rudolph and Frosty. Or new titles, such as the Prep and Landing series. This ... is not one of them. Syrupy and overdone. The musical numbers are cheesy. I guess kids will be okay with it, because after all, the bar is pretty low for 2 year olds.