All teen and kid member reviews for The Exorcist

Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvtheexorcist33 November 22, 2011

Best movie eva!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byfuture_spielberg July 18, 2009

classic. just amazing.

Ok you know what? If you are mature, have your mind on right, aren't too bugged by hell or the devil you can see this movie. This movie is not for the woozy or light of heart. Oh, trust me, I watched this with two friends (we have a lot of horror movie parties, this was the first time for all of us watching The Exorcist) and we were scared out of our wits watching it. Violence is so-so, I had to look away when she was in the hospital. Yes, some might call it "disturbing" I was disturbed when she was swinging on her bed for the first time screaming "mother!! mother!". But you know what? I went to sleep like a baby after that movie. It was the last movie we watched and I went to sleep without one nightmare. She pukes, spits, there is some blood, she hits and kicks and punches people. Language is grotesque, but, I mean, she was posessed. Yes, they use the F word, like no 13 year olds have heard that in their lives! And now we get to the infamous masturbating-with-a-crucifix scene. Ok...seriously...regular people who aren't posessed masturbate. If you are really religious I guess it would make you think it was a horrible movie. I respect that. But if you are mature you will really just appreciate this fine work of genius. The Exorcist is amazing, I still can't believe it was made in the '70s...

Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 20, 2011

The scariest movie of all time will scar you for life, and leave you haunted by the effects.

The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. The painstaking process of watching a young girl becoming slowly possessed is like watching a disease coming over a loved one. It is terrifying. The vulgar language and impressive effects was supposed to shock viewers back in 1973, and it is still shocking today. Such as the effects of projectile vomit, transforming into terrifying faces, the soundtrack, and extremely explicit and vulgar language. My grandparents still have their Exorcist barf bags. The combination of disturbing images, vulgar language, and terrifying effect of losing a loved one makes this the most terrifying movie of all time. My suggested MPAA rating, R: Extremely strong/graphic pervasive language, and strong disturbing images

Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 15, 2011

Terrifying

The possessed child's disturbing tranformation makes it one of the scariest movies of all time. The language is pretty bad and sexual content isn't out of control. Pretty scary movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byuglyfudge May 10, 2011

Depends on how mature the kid is

Great movie (my all time favorite), some people may not be comfortable with some part in it (ex: when she *bad word*ed herself with a cross), but it's a fantastic and terrifying movie, even though it was made in 1974.
If your kids like scary movies (and don't mind nightmares for the next few weeks after watching this) and are mature enough to handle it, this would be a good movie to consider.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKurtSeifert December 27, 2010

Good movie for responsible teens, bad profanity though. watch on tv censcored

Great Movie, The only bad thing is the profanity that the demon possessed girl uses. just maybe mute during the exorcism scene... but anyway, if your kid really wants to see it, your best off watching a censcored version on tv :). hope this review helped!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byelsbelspeace001 November 3, 2011

AMAZING!

I loved this horror film. Such a classic. However there are many iffys to it. First of all there is a masturbation scene (not graphic) however the mother is forced to "lick" her possessed child. Gross with vomiting and her scarred face. one scene has her spinning her head and also the famous spider walking scene with blood pouring out of her mouth. The voice is quite frightening and the fathers death is very graphic. Also one scene has the doctors looking into her brain and has very graphic medical uses as sticking a needle in her neck and blood squirting from the artery. Language goes to the last straw with the c word the f word and almost every other profanity word out there. Oh and last but not least the famous peeing on the carpet scene. I enjoyed it but yes this movie IS scary!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJapanlover November 18, 2011

The most evil movie ever!!!!!!!

This is one evil movie. It's so evil you'll puke!!!! It's a movie about the devil or Satan. It contains an I love Satan or the devil message. If you love God and worship him, just like me, Don't watch this movie. It will corrupt your mind. If you love Satan or the devil and pratice Satanism, Go ahead!!!!! Watch it!!!!! I highly skip this title for heaven's sake!!!!!!!! Bleh!!!!!!

Kid, 9 years old October 15, 2011

funny and still a must see!

this is for all the kids out there like me, IT IS SO FUNNNNNNYYYY!!!!! i mean, compare special effects from today, and from 1973. let's compare 127 hours and the exorcist. 127 hours is very realistic, while the exorcist has really fake and boring special effects. yes, its cheezy, but its a must see. and parents should watch out for language and violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byflickchick12345 September 14, 2011

Great movie, scary for youngsters.

Honestly, I love this movie. But younger kids might find this too scary. If your not religious, like me, then you most likely won't find this movie scary.

Kid, 11 years old Written byBlueRocks360 February 8, 2010

Believe it or not.....

I loved this movie! I watched it with my dad and everything about it somehow makes me laugh. But it is not for people who get spooked easily.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpiknezz November 25, 2011

Epic

Not scary. Thay shown it on Nick Jr teh other day. :D

Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

The Exorcist!

Really creepy.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 29, 2011

FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER!!!

'Lick me!Lick me!!!'Lol."Let Jesus !@$% You!"lololololololol.Has there been a funnier movie than The Exorcist?I don't think so.Why are ppl saying this is the scariest movie of all time?probably the funniest of all time!!and this comes from a 13 yr old who watched this at 2 am with lights out,extended version,full volume.no joke,and i laughed myself to death believe it or not.pretty cool ,considering the fact that only a few asymetrical cuts were added to linda blair's face.and the head spinning scene was so awesome! !!"do you know what she did?your c*$#^@! daughter did?'lololol.and theres the funniest 2 parts of the movie too-the pea spitting scene and the spiderwalk scene.go buy the extended version now cos the spiderwalk scene in there is 10x scarier (showed it to my brother and he couldnt sleep for a week!)and linda blair's face looks sooooo awesome!!!!1111111

Kid, 11 years old Written bywcjtyler August 2, 2010

e.g. Perfect for adults, but not anyone else

Kid, 12 years old Written bymisher727 August 22, 2011

OMG!

I think it is a great movie but your kids have to be mature and patient before they see it!

Kid, 12 years old Written byBubbleluver111 January 2, 2012

Good for teens and some tweens

This is a great movie! It is pretty scary, I mean, just look at her face! It is pretty violent, but I think most kids should be able to handle it. It has some cussing, pretty strong, but it's not like kids my age haven't already heard it. The special effects aren't that special, actually they are quite cheesy, but they are pretty good for something made that long ago.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLakeTiticaca July 28, 2011

Epickest ever

Lettem watchit its soooo epick!

Teen, 13 years old Written byStephen the reviewer October 14, 2013

Caution!

This is a great movie; however you must realize the incredible amount of profanity and scenes that can leave you thinking of this movie for weeks. I watched this when I was thirteen and I didn't even know some of the words spoken out of the girl's mouth. This is an incredibly realistic movie of the horrors of demonic possession. Parents, be cautioned of letting your children see this movie.

Kid, 11 years old Written bykranda2000 December 21, 2011

Best horror film ever

the best horror film ever created. Watch out, though, because the language is strong, and she talks about sex. Also quite disgusting, but has a good message. if you are catholic, you will understand all of the content.