All teen and kid member reviews for The Greatest Game Ever Played

Kid, 9 years old Written bykatgordon April 9, 2008

A great conversation-starter to watch with your kids

This movie is about golf and is not about golf. I kept pausing it to discuss with my 9-year old son what was going on with the characters. There are issues of class, prejudice (not wanting to accept someone to the golf club who has a "French" mother), and issues about following your dream versus taking the safe road and learning a bankable trade. The movie is really beautifully shot. If your child likes golf, he or she will likely enjoy this movie, but I think even kids who aren't golfers will appreciate the story-telling, the plot, and the lovely cinematography.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMedia45 April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old Written byCommonSense101 September 26, 2011

The Best Game Ever Played 101

The Best Game Ever Played is a great movie for kids 8+. This movie had a suprising amount of language ( " d*mn ", " d*mned ", " h*ll ", and " devil " and " god " used in expressions ) to me because Common Sense Media said " very mild ". Besides that, the movie offered many positive messages and great role models.

Kid, 12 years old Written byTurk55 April 9, 2008

Amazing golf played out before your eyes,

This is the only golf movie you should see. Why? Because this is nothing like TV golf at all. The golf shots are breath-taking and it shows how golf was better back then. Plus, golf history is learned along with a few gags from Francis' lovable caddie, Eddie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytanleya100 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byLovinLaBeouf13 April 9, 2008

Loved it

I loved this movie sooo much, i cried in part of it. I thought shia labeouf who is my favorite actor was sooo hott. Im reading the book now.

Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

Really great.

Kudos to Shea La Boeuf for his deep portrayel and DOUBLE KUDOS to the kid who played Eddie. Eddie, the nine-year-old caddie, is fantastic!! There are some issues, however, that might make this less than suitable for younger children. There are some situations that younger children might not understand, as well as some tense situations. But for older/intelligent children, it will be a worthy experience. I, as a preteen at the time, loved it.