All parent member reviews for The Host

Parent Written byDan G. March 30, 2013

Not teen friendly!

This movie is not teen friendly, unless you want to expose your teens to somewhat explicit intercourse between unmarried young people, (no actual nudity). Besides that, there is significant violence, a few quick gory scenes, expressions of suicide, and a couple instances of rough language. The movie attempts to teach that tolerance is OK, but falls flat on its face as the main characters are fighting intolerantly of the situation they are in (zombies rule the world). Besides all that, it is a pretty dull and boring movie.

Parent Written bynimswa April 8, 2013

Good Adaption of the Book

Portrayal of the book was on and I think they did a great job with the special effects. The little girl sitting next to me (aged about 10) couldn't sit still because she was bored. I liked it a lot.

Parent Written byytydfhfghfgh April 16, 2013

Great movie!

Great sci fi! Only a few kissing.

Parent Written bygdgdfgdfgdg April 16, 2013

Great movie!

Good, good for 12 and up!

Parent Written bysurby April 11, 2013

no no no

very violent I dropped my older child and my 9 year old and they were very exposed to adult content

Parent Written byProudmother338 September 18, 2013

Fantastic movie.

Very little language and barely anything sexual, not enough to be concerned about. A few violent scenes, but nothing graphic. Just scenes that imply violent things. I recommend this movie for mature kids! I have three young ones who love it. (12, 15 and 10)

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg May 25, 2013

Clearing up Misuderstandings

Ok, first off I want to clear off some misunderstandings I read when I was reading the reviews of other members: 1) It is aliens taking over human bodies NOT zombies. 2) Aliens are actually GOOD. (Protagonist and Antagonist) They are good because they thought they were saving the humans by taking over their world. Aliens are not violent. They trust each other. They made the world a PERFECT world. They are bad because they took over the human's bodies. And humans have a right to control their own bodies. Now.. What I thought about this movie. I really loved that the movie portrayed the characters and scenes exactly how I imagined them. However, what I did not like about the movie was that 1) it left out important scenes 2) it was boring if you already read the book. And FINALLY, I rate this movie for kids 12 and up because there is a lot of intensive kissing. Please note that this movie is more romance than actually adventure. It might bore you a bit. In conclusion, I think you would really enjoy this movie if you like romance but not so much if you like adventure! I would not recommend this movie for kids not allowed to watch kissing and this movie might be a bit hard to understand and get what's going on... even my mom could not understand and I had to keep explaining it to her because I read the book!