Parent reviews for The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Poster Image

THE LEGO MOVIE TWO

The first film is very funny an very good. The second one has an equal amount of goodness. There is like literally no bad stuff in this movie! It is so epicly non bogus that it is literally funny! The movie looks like it is all made out of real Legos besides some pieces of string which is seriously infuriating. There was not cussing. The jokes are funny, and in conclusion this movie is so stellar that it is not bad. oh, by the way I think this movie is ok for 3 year olds and up.

One of my favorite movies

One of my favorite movies I think it was very good The songs are catchy but fun

For younger kids

Mild fantasy violence, very mild bad language

The Lego Movie 2 is a sequel to the 2014 hit movie about Emmet who has to rescue his friends from the Systar System. Honestly, the baby hearts and stars are so cute. Violence is mild and includes scenes of baby heart and star bombs explosions, fight scenes, but without injury, and slapstick, such as characters getting stickers on themselves. Violence would be 2/5 if I rated. There is also very mild bad language, such as 'hell' 'heck' 'jerk' and 'butt'.

Fun, great soundtrack

This runs a little long for kids under 5, but I loved it. Strong female characters, funny pop-culture references for the adults, engaging with no big lags. Obviously it’s a super long Lego commercial, but I didn’t think that outweighed the fun of the movie.

Funny movie!

Me and my dad saw this as a joke one day when there was nothing else at the movies, and it was actually better than the first one! It was really funny and had catchy songs, and the plot twist was actually pretty shocking- I loved the writers' deconstruction of the plot twist villain in animated movies. This is a fun movie for younger kids, but don't bother watching it if you're older unless you want to see a unique take on the 'plot twist' trope.

Fun entertaining kids movie

While this doesn't meet the success of the first Lego movie, this was cute and put together well. Some of the jokes will go over kids heads, but nothing inappropriate. We all enjoyed it and will probably give it a second viewing before it leaves the theatre on discount Tuesdays.

Builds on the first Lego Movie

The story continues directly from the original and then jumps 5 years. Plenty of 80s/90s movie jokes for the parents. Characters learn the value of being who they are and not trying to be tough or change for others. My kids loved the movie and the soundtrack, which they won't stop playing! It is probably for ages 5+, but nothing scary or bad for younger kids. My 2.5 year old loves it also.

its super good