Parent reviews for The Lego Ninjago Movie

The Lego Ninjago Movie Poster Image

This movie is awesome! This movie includes all the characters in the Ninjago series. You must watch this movie. This is the best movie I have ever watched!
1 person found this helpful.

Really cool movie

Ok first before u read all the bad reviews down below all of the bad reviews are from the Ninjago franchise most people hate the movie as the movie is not good at all compared to the show , the show is 10 times better and I agree but for that dont hate the movie sure there is a little inapporpriate sentences (2 sentences) but nobody cares about that and its a really really good movie for positive role models and friendship so I highly recommend this movie

1 person found this helpful.

First Lego Movie ever that my kids didn't like

Hate to say it but compared to prior LEGO movies this one was boring and a bit dark. My 6 year old baled almost immediately. She was bored. My 8 year old boy gave it a chance but ultimately walked away 20 minutes from the end. It was dark (meaning macabre) compared to other lego movies and , well, just kinda boring. Maybe LEGO movie fatigue is starting to set in.

Hmmm..... Has alot of sexual innuendo, not for kids 10-under

I caught some innuendo, being that Jay has feelings for Nya, (like in the TV shows) and that Garmadon "makes out" with all 4 of his hands. Kids will ask what "Making Out" is and parents might feel uncomfortable explaining what it is.

Learning the ways of a ninja. Great messages about teamwork, family and friends.

Amazing Film for young kids and older.

The show is MUCH better

My kids and I love the show. This version is not as good. Lots of bullying and the Ninjas just aren't as caring/confident in each other as they are in the show. The absent father plotline is sad and can be disturbing for kids in the same situation. Funny parts for adults but very lacking in the life lessons taught by Sensi Wu and learned by the Ninjas in the show. My kids still seemed entertained but haven't asked to watch it over and over again which is fine with me.

Doesnt completely match with ninjago

THIS MOVIE IS TRASH! every character has the wrong weapon. The movie doesn't complete the full story line of the actual show, SERIOUSLY, Nia wasn't a ninja when Garmadon was around SHE WAS SAMURAI X. also LOYD AND EVERYONE ELSE WASN'T IN SCHOOL, WHY DOES ZANE LOOKS LIKE THE TITANIUM NINJA. Damm.... who created this movie, they must of not watched the entire 8 seasons of Ninjago.

Vague lego charecters step up to the plate.

Just watch it. if you are overly sensitive to divorce it may touch a button, but that's it. This is not the headache that was LEGO Batman but it IS all inclusive and perhaps even more action packed than the original. Perhaps without the novelty of being the first or having a nostalgia driven charecter the movie suffers more harsh criticism, but this is an overall worthwhile watch with nothing more offensive than your run of the mill Disney flick. In short, don't believe the hype, if you liked either of the 2 previous films, turn off your brain, sit back and enjoy this Power Rangers rip off quirky mess in all it's dumb glory.