Kid reviews for The Lego Ninjago Movie

The Lego Ninjago Movie Poster Image

Great movie, but has its downsides.

In my honest opinion, this movie is really good but it has its negatives. The movie has great animation, great voice acting, great story, but some characters are odd. Obviously the movie is nothing like the show, but I’m fine with that in my opinion, I always enjoy something new. I just didn’t like how wasted most of the characters were. Honestly, Lloyd, Garmadon, Wu, and Koko were the only good characters in the movie. Every single other ninja was just so negative towards Lloyd, like the line from Jay “We were the only ones who didn’t hate you and now we hate you”. I enjoyed the father and son approach they did with the movie though. Great movie!

1 person found this helpful.
Plenty of fake kung fu in fun comedy with toy ninjas.

1 person found this helpful.

Fantastic movie but there could have been less language

This is very good movie, it is one of the best movies ever. Very funny. I think this movie is meant for older kids tho vary good kung fu movie. if you like Legos then watch this movie.

1 person found this helpful.
this utter garbage ruined the Ninjago tv show and is the single reason I don't like Lego anymore so personally it has to much hateful messaging to me don't bother watching if you watched original Ninjago it will make you learn how to hate something so viciously

fun, has good morals, good animation, reminds me of the TV show, just not as good as the first lego movie.

funny, good morals, just not as good as lego batman. I like, like like, this movie. my mother loves it too because she thinks garmmadons hilarious. reminds me of the TV show. (you should watch it, its very good television) the plots solid, Lloyd is a good role model. good characters. people say its not good cause its not like the lego movie. its not supposed to be. if you watch the show, the movies a scaled down version. (the show is pretty dark) excellent, just gets to much spat. great to introduce you into the series.

LEGO film offers campy kung-fu and father-son antics.

The LEGO Ninjago franchise had been very successful in the past years, so it would be obvious it would get a movie, because everything popular has to get a movie of it in the corporate kingdom we live in. But nevertheless, the Warner Brothers recent LEGO works had been extremely funny, clever, charming and tackled surprisingly mature themes, while still making them child appropriate and appealing. They were wholesome, a perfect tribute to one of the most fantastic childhood toys- so yeah, I was really hyped for LEGO Ninjago getting a movie. After watching it, I wouldn't say that I didn't like it, I was just very disappointed. It stars Lloyd, the most unpopular boy at Ninjago High School, because his father is Lord Garmadon, the biggest, baddest villain who always try to take over Ninjago City. But Lloyd's life isn't all bad, secretly, he is part of the Ninja Force: a superhero-esque warrior team who save Ninjago from any threat. But will he be able to come to terms with his father when a monster attacks? Unlike most of the other LEGO movies (The LEGO Movie, LEGO Batman...) The LEGO Ninjago Movie is unable for most times to have the same witty banter that the others have, that makes fun of the audience, while still delivering a powerful message. It's not that TLNM doesn't TRY doing this, it certainly tries, but weakens the message with weird toilet humor, jokes in random places and poorly developed characters and story. Messages/Role Models: The Ninjas are a diverse group of friends who always try to do what is right, although at first they doubt each other and themselves. Violence: Cartoon blow-ups and kung-fu. Buildings fall (no one is hurt) and for comedy purposes a LEGO arm comes off. Sex: Some sexual innuendos like when Garmadon talks about his four arms he says: "Look! It looks like I'm making out with two people!" but it is likely to go over kids' heads. Language: Bullies insult Lloyd with "butt-face", "jerk" etc. Drinking/Drugs: None. Overall, LEGO film falls short because of potty humor, but little kids and fans of the show would enjoy.

An ingeniously assembled Lego tale that not only has an amazingly more mature cast than in the show, but is well-synchronized with the amazingly awesome Lego universe!

Packs a barrage of depth, great humor and plot, and excellent messages!

Action-Packed and Full of Heart

This is a wonderful movie for Lego and ninjago fans but I would personally prefer the show. Besides that point, the movie contains lots of positive messages about friends and family. But there are also lots of action and violence. 7/10

A Total Let Down

This movie was really disappointing. It seemed like it would be pretty funny, but it was just parts of its predessecors' content scraped into the general plot and characters of a popular show. We usually watch live-action movies in theaters, but we figured this movie was good enough to watch. We walked out with the feeling that we wasted or time and monkey in something well below expectations. Even though it had Jackie Chan, it really wasn't that good.

man oh man!

This is so amazing your kids should watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!