Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 23 kid reviews

Sort by:

my thoughts...

It's clever and mostly charming--most kids will enjoy it.

1 person found this helpful.

Underrated

I haven't seen this film in a good while but I remember watching it over 10 times and I absolutely loved it! I consider it a spoof/spinoff of the original lion king (not to mention Marge Simpson in the cast!) As it is all about the "comic" characters from the lion king and what happened to them before and during the raising of Simba. It has a very modern vibe to it which actually works very well. Timon the meerkat and Pumba the warthog are rewatching "before the begining" at the cinema and there are hilarious and amusing scenes where they are watching the film. It is a lot more lighthearted than the other three films (the outstanding original, the second which isn't very good at all and the so-so remake). It should be fine for anyone aged 5 and up.

Better Than Lion King II, Funny.

I remember when I would always see the trailer for this film when I would watch Lion King. I thought nothing of it. Then, a couple years ago, my youngest siblings would sing the lyrics of a song from this movie. I just finished watching it, and I'm impressed by how unterrible it is. Sure I wanted to watch it's predessecor the entire time I watched it, but really wasn't so bad. It was actually almost hilarious, because of the humor and how truthful it was toward the movie it was based on. A few of the original characters were in it, and the new ones were kind of interesting. I liked the message about friendship, but overall it's cheesy. And some of the humor was a little too mature.

Merrscience Theatre 1 1/2000 (3)

My 3rd Lion King review, which I upload ALL at once! It is a GOLD MINE! This film has pee pee poo poo jokes, but they make me crack up (dunno why!). For younger kids.

Okay

I love the first one but it's not the same and it's not very memorable.

funny all 3 lion king movies

this movie is funny my most favorite scene is the parenthood scene this there is no things to have for what other familys should know about this movie like other movies for the lion king good for ages at least 9 and up in my oppion

Its ok but don't like how it ruins some of the lion kings scenes

It's an ok movie I don't hate it but it ruins some of the scenes in the lion king. I don't like how Pumba farts during the circle of life. Or how the movie makes fun of can you feel the love tonight

Although this is the worst Lion King movie out of the three...

It is not bad. All of them are good. Anyways, sensitive children will be upset when Timon leaves his family and Pumbaa has no family. But Timon leaving his family will seem funny to tweens. (GOODBYE MOM!!!!!!!) And hours later, (BOO HOO!!!!!! I WANT MOMMY!!!!!) Also, it is best for kids whose favorite characters being Timon and Pumbaa to watch this. It is also the funniest out of the three. (More potty talk)

I like it!

There were some great messages in this movie, however there is violence and some potty humor. The hyenas may scare some children and the fact that Timone and Pumbaa don't have family may upset them as well.

I watched part of this movie

Not so bad, OK.