All parent member reviews for The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea

Parent of a 5 year old Written bytoons27 January 25, 2010

A Waste of paper and ink

This movie is the worst sequel I've ever seen! The music was very cheesy. The plot is a rip-off of the first movie only kiddiefied and reversed. I like the character, Melody, but I wished she had more originality. I'm really annoyed that she's too much like Ariel. I'm really angry that Ariel became a mean parent-just like her father! Whoever directed this trash, must have forgotten that in the first movie, Ariel was fun, loving, spunky, and loved the sea. Eric, one of my favorite disney princes, is reduced to being a prop only dumber than Ariel! In the first movie, he was so awesome (and sexy)! In the second movie, he was just an empty vessel, mindlessly agreeing everything Ariel says. This movie is a waste of paper and ink.

Adult Written byCristopher Enriquez April 27, 2011

Cristopher's best movie

I love this movie & best movie in 2000.

Adult Written bydanielleb November 25, 2011

Learning About Growing Up

My daughter loves this. She is three and loves Ariel and everything about her. Ariel has never been a very good role model princess, and this sequel continues on the same path of rebellion and disobedience. However, it is less scary than the original, the music is memorable, and my daughter LOVES the relationship between Ariel and her baby, and then later Ariel and Melody as her daughter. She thinks it is great that Ariel is a mommy now and that has provided an interesting lesson for her on growing up and being a mom. It's nice for her to see her favorite Princess being an adult (firm, caring, and making her own mistakes even then).