Kid reviews for The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid Poster Image

my thoughts...

It's a superb and entertaining animated musical that has some scary stuff.

I…um…

I hate this movie. The songs are terrible and the characters are boring, but I guess little kids might like it. I dont know.

A revolutionary film

I didn't realize how dark the film was, but it's still great

Enjoyable Movie; Bad Role Model

I love this movie but it has a really bad message. She doesn't listen to her dad and she just gets what she wants.

1 person found this helpful.

Bad role model, but still fun

Ariel is a very bad role model.She abandons her family and gives up her best talent to be with a man that she doesn’t know, but thinks is handsome. She is also married at age 15 to literally the first human she ever talks to. Other than that, the movie is pretty fun.

not worth to see it

So many people are bothered about king Triton's act of destroying Ariels belongings. For one, I hope you parents understand that everything he destroyed ( not just the statue) were things he had forbiden his daughter to have. He belived humans were harmful and was trying to protect her from harm. That may be "overprotective," but would you be fine if your own kids had a bunch of material they knew you did not want them to have? Keep in mind that Ariel is his youngest daughter, and unlike some of the other princesses, she is not really an adult( 16). In respective to her father Ariel is not very respectful. While she is full of life, she is also rather rude and stuborn. She can also be used as a lesson; if you disabey Mom or Dad, and go to a stranger for what you want, something bad is bound to happen. King Triton doesn't bother me. He is the head of his family and he shows it. Their used to be a time where parents where not portrayed as stupid and comic with super smart rude kids. Ariel makes a bad disesion in her anger. Remind your kids when they feel upset to talk with you before making a choose. Are today's kids so spoiled they have no clue that parents can punish severly? Or are parents no longer punishing? Yes, she does run after a boy she doesn't know, but many children won't be influencced, as they won't have a dating experience to compare. By the time the are older, they should realise what I knew from a very young age. It was just a movie. It made me feel majacal when I was little and made me feel like I could do anything. Isn't that enough?

Are you kidding me?

Okay, first of all, why the heck does Ariel fall in love with a guy she doesn’t even know? Literally just because he’s handsome? Are these people really trying to teach girls to fall in love with the first good lucking guy they see? So messed up. And then she GIVES UP HER ABILITY TO TALK, just to see him again?! So, NOW you’re teaching girls to go to extreme measures to get a guy you don’t even know?! Also, why the heck is Ariel’s dad so aggressive? He got so freaking mad over a statue! If a normal dad saw something their daughters room that they didn’t like, they would just tell them to get rid of it, not go into a rampage and destroy their entire room. Like wth?

1 person found this helpful.

Overall good, but dissapointing role models.

I mean, it was fine, but Ariel is a bad role model. She has an awesome life but she is SO ungrateful for it. At first I begged my mom to see it, but honestly I'm not impressed. She NEEDS a handsome prince to save her, I mean WHAT?! We girls don't need any handsome prince to save us!
1 person found this helpful.

Another Disney fail. Yours, Goatworlds.