Parent and Kid Reviews on

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 309 kid reviews

Sort by:

Peter Jackson's opener to the best movie trilogy in the world

An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a strange twist of fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo. When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it. However, he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf, Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir, and his three Hobbit friends Merry, Pippin, and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness, forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign.

2 people found this helpful.

Kids Are Stronger Than You Think

People make a big deal about protecting kids, but the truth is that the real world is way worse then this movie. Kids aren't as innocent as adults think, or as naive. They're tougher, stronger and way better, they're pure, not innocent. You know why there so strong in such horrible situations? Cause they're strong. I would know, I was one and still am.

1 person found this helpful.

Amazing movie, but might scare kids

I absolutely LOVE this movie. There has never been a better cast and I have watched this movie SO many times. All romances are clean and really sweet. A couple of orcs, Uruk- Hai, a troll and the ringwraiths could be frightning to young viewers. A human gets trampled, but nothing is too extreme. A couple characters smoke and have alcholic beverages. No profanity or anything else. Overall, this is such a great movie!! :)

1 person found this helpful.

Fabulous, but also violent and scary.

An Amazing Movie

This is an amazing movie and awesome. I would really recommend it for teenagers. It’s violent and it has stuff that can frighten young children like the orcs and the balrog.

1 person found this helpful.

"But it's only a passing thing, this shadow. In the end, even darkness must pass. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer."

This is one of the three best movies ever made. The other two are the Two Towers and the Return of the King. I first watched this movie when I was four and I absolutely love it. It has a wonderful plot and wonderful characters. The Fellowship and everyone on the good side are great role models, because they are fighting for freedom and what they believe in. I can't over-state how good these movies are. There are tons and tons of positive messages. I almost cry when I watch this movie, not because it's sad, but because of how up-lifting and wonderful the message is about fighting for freedom. The Fellowship are the type of people kids should try to be like. Brave, loyal, and persevering, and not letting an eyeball boss you around. Especially an evil eyeball that's trying to take over the world. I think this movie is good for four and up, if you exercise parental judgement. Most of this movie is fine, but there is violence, mostly swords and arrows. You will have to cover your kid's eyes at certain scenes, with orcs and stuff like that. Also there is a very short torture scene. All you see is a large machine and hear Gollum screaming. I hate that part. But it's only like ten seconds long. This is a well-made, wholesome movie, with no trash in it. It's much better then most other movies out there, and it's one of the three best movies I have ever seen. Tha Gàidhlig na sheòrsa de Elvish, agus tha e farsaing air feadh fearann an-asgaidh Talmhainn Mheadhanach. Dìreach iarr air an hobbit. Beannaichidh Dia thu uile.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

A little violent

The films are very great. But some things are a little mature and violent for younger audiences. There are a lot of battle scenes with people dying and getting decapitated. The Hobbits and other characters also smoke some type of substance. And people drink. But this isn’t super bad for some younger audiences though.

lord of the rings

I have seen all of the lord of the rings. and i saw the hobbit the extended edition that was rated R. These movies are definitely not for small children under the ages of 11 years old. I first saw these movies when i was 10 years old. There are some grossum scenes such as when the character named smeagol bites off someone's finger that was gross. Bleh. There was also more gross scenes. The orcs in the movies are also really scary and really detailed and cool they are definitely not as scary as zombies are. I don't think that you should be showing your children thais movie unless they are ready to watch it.