All teen and kid member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 15 years old Written byWell Informed Pizza September 11, 2011

I think you have to know your kids.

I think that the movie on it's own is a bit iffy for 8 and under, what there being intense violence and scary scenes...
but I reccomend getting a copy of the book first, and reading it to your kids. Then they will know what happens and the movie will not seem as scary. The only question is the violence- Boromir's death is quite the same in the book as in the movie and if you think your children couldn't handle it (I also reccomend pre-viewing movies :P) then of course don't buy the book. LOTR horrified me until I read the book- so I know from experiance.

Kid, 12 years old Written bykatieBIRD12 July 15, 2011

if you let your teen watch it, then you have the right idea!

Lord of the rings is a very well thought out film, which was based on the book by J.R.R TOLKIEN. Though it is scary at times, but its a great movie for teens! And grownups. Even though it's violent and scary, it does pack in a lot of good messages like heroism, self sacrifice, friends, and even bravery! It might be a little over the top for the younger ones, but I'le give it a sword clashing four out of five for teens on up!

Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

wow...wow...wow.. this movie is GREAT

this one of my favorite movies of all time ive lost count of how much ive seen it i can watch it over and over again!!! its just amazing and FINALLY!!! a good action packed movie that actually has morals, NO USELESS AND OR POINTLESS SWEAR WORDS, and *gasp* NO SEX SCENES! ( well theres kissing but thats as far as it goes) isnt that amazing??? and looking at everyone going nuts about these movies, its finally been proven we can live without all that stuff! its a AWESOME story, intense action-packed a great story and totally original which means no little nagging voices whispering dejavue during the movie! if u havnt seen it, GO SEE IT NOW!!!

Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2013

Great start to an epic trilogy

Lord of the Rings is about a hobbit named Frodo Baggins who goes on a thrilling journey to destroy the one ring belonging to the evil lord, Sauron. The journey starts with just four hobbits named Frodo, Samwise(Sam), Merry, and Pippen. A ranger named Aragorn( Strider) soon helps the hobbits when cornered by gruesome masked riders called Nazguls. Frodo is injured and is carried to Rivendell, the kingdom of elves. There, he encounters many other friends who volunteer to defend the hobbits of the threats that lurk around Middle Earth.

This movie has many gory and violent scenes of vicious creatures mauling the fellowship. Terrifying creatures and gory scenes are seen quite vividly, though there are a moderate amount of those. The protagonists and antagonists carry cruel weapons varying from swords, archers, maces, knives, axes, clubs, staffs. Monsters have cruel abilities to maul their prey. There is no bad or crude language in the entire movie. There is no inappropriateness through the movie, though Aragorn and another elf share a prolonged kiss. There are bars and pubs in the beginning where some protagonists drink whisky and other alcoholic beverages. I highly suggest this movie for ages 11 or older with probably just a little bit of caution depending on your child.

I give this movie five stars because it is thrilling, action packed, somewhat romantic, enjoyable and entertaining. It takes place in middle ages and does a splendid job of emphasizing the time period. The creatures are innovative, the action is heart pumping, and the story is wonderful. It is vivid and I can feel the pain, fear, pride, sorrow, and anger of everyone. This movie adapted from the best- selling novel by J.R.R Tolkien is wonderful.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviewhiz May 12, 2012

GREAT movie

This is an extremely AWESOME movie! I dont think its appropriate for young kids however. Parts of it can be scary and graphic! But over all, GREAT movie!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byraulkidd52003 April 9, 2008

Bored

The first Lord of the Rings was the most boring movie ever. It was long and I didn't understand it at all. I understood the beginning but the rest was confusing.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystinky April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

This movie is definitely the best in the series (overall). Even though Frodo's stupidity can get a little boring, it's absolutely worth your time. Do not take children under 10 to see it because there are a few spots when things jump out. There is also one freaky part when they're at the inn when the ring-wraiths come and you don't know what's happening. But it has great fight scenes. Go see it now!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer2929 April 9, 2008

really a great adventure!!

this is a great movie but if you don't like scary stuff DON'T WATCH IT but I LOVE IT.recomended for everyone my age and over

Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2012

Violent fantasy

Review by rsm2. Epic fantasy story in beautiful setting.Lots of violence though, so not for kids under 9. A great must see!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

Lord of the rings Part 1 rolls in the gold

The beginning of the film trilogy of J.R.R Tolkien's fantasy books is a great epic ride. Meticulously shot and with an array of fabulous visuals, this is a great start for the trilogy. It also serves as a fun way to introduce kids into epic filmmaking. The director, Peter Jackson, after making a series of campy slasher pics, finally proves his talent. Note to parents: The film contains characters smoking at every turn and some pretty intense violence. Not to mention the film goes on for 3 hours.

Kid, 12 years old Written byJayhawk-12 March 22, 2010

great movie for tweens and teens alike

an awesome movie. Takes place in the magical realm of middle earth. gives the story of Frodo and Leads into the next movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byflavoredsarcasm July 12, 2011

This movie is epic

This is a classic battling adventure tale that is completely fantastic and entertaining. This movie is clearly a story with defined "good" and "evil". With the many battle scenes comes many depictions of death, wounds, blood, and violence. Some children may be able to handle it at a younger age, though I think a safe age is definitely age 12.

Teen, 14 years old Written byperson14 January 4, 2010

YAWN

Kid, 12 years old Written byKel C December 31, 2009

not the best

It was ok, not my favorite movie. the book was a little better i guess.

Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Huge insult to the book

This movie was about as unlike the book as you can get. Changes events, cuts large and important parts out, over romanticizes storyline, and ruins the entire point of the book. I was disgusted.

Kid, 9 years old Written byco April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old Written byReviewerDude April 9, 2008

Every second of this 3 hour movie is perfect.

I cannot describe to you how great this movie is. Sure it has violence and peril, but, come on, it is a Lord of the Rings movie. It is supposed to have all that awesomeness. Also, this movie shows that a good movie does not have to have profanity or sexual content. There is no hint of either here. A must see for tweens on up!

Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010

violent fights smoking and drinking parts but the rest is just fine

Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares December 12, 2009

The characters are thin, the story is a mess, the special effects are often flat, and overall it is very boring.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCRITIC007 December 11, 2009

This is why movies are made

Absolutely amazing EPIC movie. Don't worry about the violence unless you're under 11. This movie captures and intrigues you. By the end of the series I was satisfied. AMAZING