All teen and kid member reviews for The Muppet Christmas Carol

FUNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER.

Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots November 29, 2010

Love. This. Movie.

I first saw this in school on one of the days leading up to Christmas Vacation. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it, but I LOVED it! It's become one of my favorite Christmas movies. The ghosts may seem a little scary to some kids, but other than that it's fine.

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 25, 2010

Best muppets movie ever

This movie is awesome. It's one of my favorite movies. But when I first saw it Marley and Marley, and the ghost of Christmas yet to come scared me a little bit, so some kids might find it scary, but other than that it's awesome.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkippySounds12 December 22, 2011

Should've been PG

this movie was very good! i liked the songs, and there was a lot of humor mixed into the drama. the only scene you have to worry about is when beaker flips off scrooge. that shouldn't have been there. seriously, flipping someone off in a rated G movie? what was disney thinking?

Kid, 11 years old Written byKrist3in December 19, 2009

Awesome movie!!!!

I love this movie!! The song is boring and the Ghost of Christmas Futer might scare younger kids. When watching this movie watch for these lines:
Rizzo-"Light the lamp not the rat! Light the lamp not the rat!"
and
The Great Gonzo-"You can fit through th bars?"
Rizzo the Rat-"Yeah"
GOnzo-"You are such an idoit"

Kid, 11 years old Written byipodgirl March 20, 2012

wonderful

awesome muppet movie, but the last ghost is scary, its educatinal because it teaches kids about charles dickens and a beging to the book

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 12, 2012

Kid, 12 years old Written bySunnyville11 February 25, 2013

(This was my homework, sorry it's so long!)

The Muppet Christmas Carol

Made in 1992, the American musical ā€˜The Muppet Christmas Carolā€™ is an adaptation of Charles Dickensā€™ book, ā€˜A Christmas Carolā€™. It is a fantasy/comedy film narrated by Charles Dickens (Gonzo the Great, voice by Dave Goelz) about a miserly financier called Ebenezer Scrooge (Michael Caine), and how he changes to be good. After leaving his poor clerk, who has just had to beg for the day off on Christmas Day, Scrooge is visited in the night by his old partners, Jacob and Robert Marley (Waldorf and Statler, voices by Dave Goelz and Jerry Nelson) who tell him that three spirits will come to see him. Jacob and Robert have been chained up as a punishment for the deeds they committed in life, and Scrooge will share this sentence if he does not change his ways. The three spirits who visit Scrooge show Scrooge scenes from his past, his present, and his future. After seeing how cruel he is and has been, Scrooge breaks down when he sees his tombstone and sees that nobody cares that he is dead. He promises the third spirit that he will become a better man, and he becomes so.
Although the film is a musical, and the actors are Muppets, the film sticks to the original story very well. It may be a childā€™s first introduction to this story, and in this respect it does its job well. Also, the fact that it is narrated by Gonzo the Great and Rizzo the Rat adds humour and more interest for younger children. The age rating should probably be 5 and up, since there is not much scariness.
The only parts that may not be good for young children are the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (the Grim Reaper) and possibly some of the other ghosts. Furthermore, Scrooge continues his heartless and unkind ways right to the end, which could be upsetting for children, although older children might see him beginning to change earlier.
Overall, the film is true to the story while still being accessible for a younger audience. I would recommend it as a good family film, fine to watch with children five and over.

Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2013

First Muppet Film without Jim Henson, Kinda Shows.

After the original muppet movie trilogy the muppets kind of tone down quality-wise. I'm not saying this movie is bad, on the contrary it's quite good maybe even great, but it's just sad that there's no Rowlf, Scooter, or The Electric Mayhem, and they are some of my favorites. But I still love the film, it has some good songs like "Just One More Sleep 'Till Christmas", and some hilarious scenes especially Gonzo as Dickens and Rizzo as the assistant and Statler and Waldorf as Jacob and Robert Marley are their largest and funniest role yet. There are also many things the film could've worked on. Like the muppets who usually get large roles that weren't with Jim or Richard get downgraded. Floyd, Zoot, and Animal are hardly in the film. Fozzie Bear, the guy who's usually a main character only appears in a 5 minute cameo!! Though some characters who are prone to 5 minute cameos get some laugh-out-loud scenes. Lew Zealand (Jerry Nelson) appears at the very beginning SELLING boomerang fish and The Swedish Chef (in this movie David Rudman) appears out of the blew in a 40 second cameo. One bizzare thing about thus film is its lack of celebertie cameos and the fact that they couldn't bring themselves to make an origanal plot. The film just seems sad, and not because of the plot, but like the muppets in reality are suffering a loss **cough** Jim and Richard **cough**. It's quite a tear-jerker, but it just shows that there's no Jim Henson (Richard Hunt as well is not involved in the film.) It's though a great film to watch anytime. But if you want to watch a muppet movie NOT around the christmas season than there are much better suggestions.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDominicboo1 September 8, 2013

A Dickens of A Muppet Movie....

This is my favorite version of this classic story. Ok so I'm a really really biased Muppet fan, but who cares about that? This movie is fun, cute, has our beloved characters casted perfectly, and the songs are wonderful. If you can watch the full-screen long version on the DVD, because it's worth it (even though I prefer fullscreen anyway)for the phenomnal "The Love is Gone" song. It could be my 3rd favorite Muppet movie next to The Muppet Movie and The Muppets.