Kid reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas Poster Image

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.
3 people found this helpful.

I really like this movie.

I really, really liked this movie. I watched it when I was younger and it has been my favorite Halloween movie since. Before I wrote this review I was looking at others and everyone seemed to really hate this movie. I do understand that it is a little creepy, but it is still such a great movie. Instead of looking at all of the bad parts of the movie start thinking about all of the good parts. So I please ask all of you to reconsider the way you think of this movie, because I love it and I hate seeing all of these bad reviews.

I love this sm

I watched it when I was around 7 and to this day it is one of my favourite movies. The music is brilliant, the characters are brilliant, the stop motion and detail is brilliant, the spookiness is brilliant, everything is just brilliant about this movie! I remember being so fascinated watching this for the first time yet I was a bit scared, especially of the monster under the bed lmao. But I definitely recommend this to anyone 7 and above who can handle creepy things and amazing cinematography a delight for all ages. I wish movies were made this spectacularly now, and I think kids will much rather watch this than stupid shows like peppa pig, 10/10

2 people found this helpful.

Wonderful Movie, but beware, disturbing Imagery may be too much for younger Children

I liked this movie. I watched it at around 6-7 years old, which I now believe was too young, since the dark imagery and both sadistic and bizarre Dr. Finkelstein really gave me the creeps, especially the way he treats his daughter Sally. Other things in this movie made me feel this way too, like the severed heads as Christmas Presents, (really more shock and awe, which is the way I felt in other disturbing scenes, not so much horror), Oogie Boogie wasn't all that scary by himself, but there were some disturbing scenes in which he was involved in, the Corpse Family was just... off. Although it didn't really scare me to the point where I had nightmares, it still had that vibe, that typical Tim Burton vibe. It's an odd feeling, really, watching this movie. As if you are viewing a source of forbidden lore, filled with knowledge unsettling, things that should rather be unread. Forbidden, indeed, for things lurking in the dark should be left undisturbed, lest they haunt you... Allow me to take a step back in this review. It wasn't unsettling to the point where I became paranoid, and where I actually thought I was being haunted by some sort of monster or ghost, I was just making reference to the strange and dark feel of the Movie. Of course, this feeling wears off by the last 40 minutes or so of the movie, where it begins to become more uplifting, though certainly in a strange way, than I would have expected. The Nightmare Before Christmas is certainly a good movie though, and I suggest you watch it for yourself.

Watch anything else, really

This movie was weird and completely pointless. If you like Christmas, it ruins it. If you like Halloween, it also ruins it. He doesn't even clean up the mess he made at the end. And the audience is to younger people, yet I think that most kids would get scared until they were about 9. I watched it when I was 12, and no, it wasn't scary, but it bored me to death with it's pointlessness and, to be honest, it's terrible plot. There was a point where I was like "Okay, I guess it could get better now" but it never did. I feel like there never really was a resolution, and I wasn't satisfied with the ending, or really any of it to be quite frank.

Honestly

This is the worst movie I've ever seen! [ And I've seen a LoT of movies lol ] Basically, the plot goes like this : a guy named Jack Skellington lives in a nightmare-like town full of ghosts, goblins, witches, etc. He loves to celebrate Halloween. One day, he discovers a little passage that transports him to a town during Christmastime. He likes what he sees, so he wants to celebrate Christmas. He kidnaps Santa, shoves shrunken heads in presents and then brings the presents to the kids in the Christmas town. The kids and their parents get really freaked out, so what does Jack do? NOTHING. HE DOES. NOTHING. AT ALL. He literally looks around at the stupid mess he made, shrugs it off, and lets Santa go! And not because he's sorry for putting him through this, ohhh no; he just lets Santa go so Santa can go clean up the crappy mess. There is no character development. Jack is really annoying, and there are some nightmare inducing creatures. The one that actually scared me [ and keep in mind, I'm TWELVE ] was the dude who stitched up Sally. He's what, her father or something? He looked really freako and he acted pretty arrogant. [ Sally is a rag doll with stitches attaching her limbs to her body, and is a possible love interest for Jack ] . Of course, after Jack lets Santa go to clean up his mess, he doesn't do a thing. He merely says, "Oh well! Now to plan Halloween!" LMAOOO what a terrible main character. I don't understand how this movie got such good reviews lolol And that's not even the worst part. During the weird little adventure Jack goes on [ when he delivers the shrunken head presents ] the news reporter says, "A Santa impersonator has taken over Christmas and is delivering terrible presents to kids! Keep your doors locked! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!!" That's right. She says Christmas is rUiNeD because of a bunch of scary presents. THAT'S NOT WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT, GUYS. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT, I JUST- SMHHHHH Finally, to top off the crappy mess of a movie, Jack goes smoochy-smoochy-huggy-huggy with Sally on the top of a random hill at the end. WHY?!?! They barely talked to one another!! The ending made no sense at all! And there is way too much random singing, I might add. Jack starts singing ridiculous songs for no reason at all LOLOLOL That, ladies and gentlemen, is what a terrible movie is like. I will never get that hour and a half back. Don't waste your money or time. Skip the crap.

Okay but scary

Creepy animation some very violent scenes where arms are being taken off by ghosts it’s okay I wouldn’t watch it more then once a year because I’ve only scene it twice it’s okay but Remember DONT WATCH IT TO MUCH OR YOU BE LOOKING AT SOME VERY VERY VERY SCARY THINGS A LOT trust me it’s an okay film you can watch it a bit but DO NOT watch this film to much now I really want you to take my advice here because you’ll need my advice.

1 person found this helpful.

I absolutely love this movie. It has Been my favorite since I was young and I feel like it is a great child appropriate movie and you really get lost in the magic of it all. I can safely say that this is a fantastic movie and you get very attached to the characters. I honestly love Tim burtons films and if you like this movie I would highly recommend his other films such as corps bride and coralline.

Best movie

Why is there so much hate? I LOVE this movie soooo much I swear I could watch it over and over and over again. Yes Jack is a bit narcissistic and selfish but Sally is AMAZING and it’s a great plot. The animation is funky, in that classic Tim burton style also used for Coraline, and may be a little frightening to young viewers. There is a romance, Jack and Sally, and in order to save Santa, Sally places her amputated leg in a nook to attract Oogie Boogies attention. Also the message is that Christmas is canceled just because presents aren’t being delivered. That’s not what Christmas is about but it’s subtle. The songs are amazing 😻 I have all of them memorized. Please watch!!!! Great movie! It’s more inclined to Halloween than Christmas though. Also the cat from Coraline makes an appearance during Sally’s song

Good movie

The best Tim burton movie ever!