Kid reviews for The Number 23

The Number 23 Poster Image

This Number Terrified Me For A While...

Even if the film didn't scare you, the whole "23 enigma" will scare the living shit out of you once you turn off the TV. Once I finished this movie, I looked at the clock and it was 9:14 pm. What is 9 + 14? Honestly, I have to admit that I spent the night looking for connections (don't know why). This film takes a simple concept and turns it into a shocking psychological thriller. I went in thinking it was a comedy because it's Jim Carrey and once the REAL movie began I was pretty scared. This film is a great example of what can easily drive a person mad and I think it works well. I hope this review doesn't have 23 connections of any kind...

It was amazing!

This movie was awesome. Most plots are straight forward and predictable, but this one had tons of twists and really kept the viewer on edge. Now, you probably shouldn't go showing this to your 7 or 8 year old, but if someone is educated and mature enough to handle this type of content maturely (there is some sexual content, as well as violence and profanity) then I think they are perfectly fine watching this movie! It IS rated R, and has a good reason to be so, but honestly, this movie is great. There isn't a HUGE great message in it, as well as not so great role models, but a movie like this really makes you think about things around you. Sorry... this is getting a bit long. Just know that this movie is awesome, and the reason I'd recommend it to 13-year-olds is because most of them are mature enough to handle this content well and be responsible about it. But honestly, as long as someone is mature, I would say they can view it at an age as early as eleven. But yeah, pretty great movie. 11/10, would recommend.

Surprisingly Underrated

I really enjoyed it. At first, I didn't know what to think of it because of its horrible ratings. But, when I watched the trailer, it looked really interesting, so i decided to watch it. Some parts were definitely flawed and a little confusing, but overall it had a good concept. I honestly don't see why it got such bad ratings. There is a fair amount of sex, and you do see a woman topless. There is some language, and violence (suicides).

dark thriller not for kids

very dark thriller and quite good

Read

Rated R: Strong Graphic Violence, Sex, Language, and Drinking

Unrated Review

Very Tense once you get into it, and carrey was great. Sex: A lot of sex scenes in unrated, one breast Violence - not much violence just blood language - a few fwords and minor words

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO COMEDY

DONT BELIEVE THAT ITS SCARY ITS FUNNYER THEN THE MOVIE LIAR LIAR
not rated for age

really weird, not what i was expecting

This movie seemed to go in an entirely different direction than the trailer suggested. It was a little to confusing and overall not very good, especially not for children.

Great Film

I haven't sat in a movie in a long time that actually had decent non predictable plot twists. This is up there w/ prestige. Carrey does a good job with the role this is his One Hour Photo (R. Williams) I found the film enjoyable, great lighting and cinematography. The film was a great brain teaser just enjoyable definitively worth a look into and I'm going to go see it again now.